Home

Is it me or does it seem as if Gus is saying Alot of numbers and not enough names

This is a discussion on Is it me or does it seem as if Gus is saying Alot of numbers and not enough names within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 02:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Is it me or does it seem as if Gus is saying Alot of numbers and not enough names

can anyone share any detail why we will hear a lot of numbers from Gus this year??? instead of names i mean cam newton name is in the game but the not the patriots B. Green-Ellis.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 02:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is it me or does it seem as if Gus is saying Alot of numbers and not enough names

in one of the vids posted they call julio jones the wrong name. He was only the #7 pick that the falcons gave up 5 picks for, but hey, why would anyone expect them to get that right.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:17 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: Is it me or does it seem as if Gus is saying Alot of numbers and not enough names

No it's not just you I've noticed also in the videos! Game looks great but that is kinda annoying! Really kills the experience not saying the names i mean this is the nfl wth!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:22 AM   #4
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah. The commentary took a big step back this year. A lot of numbers, delayed reactions and a good amount of dead air. Fortunately the gameplay is much improved so far and the commentary can be turned off.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:37 AM   #5
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyJones
Yeah. The commentary took a big step back this year. A lot of numbers, delayed reactions and a good amount of dead air. Fortunately the gameplay is much improved so far and the commentary can be turned off.
The commentary didn't take a step back this year it just didn't improve much, but it's definitely better than last year. They probably didn't work too much on this kind of stuff for this years game because they are moving everything to the new commentary engine in Madden 13. It's going to be the same engine FIFA uses, hopefully everyone can bear with it this year and we are supposed to be getting great commentary next year. This is the same thing they did with presentation with all the cameras, team intros, stat overlays and stuff last year. They worked on it last year, but put it in Madden 12 and now we are definitely reaping those benefits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 02:57 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
The commentary didn't take a step back this year it just didn't improve much, but it's definitely better than last year. They probably didn't work too much on this kind of stuff for this years game because they are moving everything to the new commentary engine in Madden 13. It's going to be the same engine FIFA uses, hopefully everyone can bear with it this year and we are supposed to be getting great commentary next year. This is the same thing they did with presentation with all the cameras, team intros, stat overlays and stuff last year. They worked on it last year, but put it in Madden 12 and now we are definitely reaping those benefits.
But still the calling of numbers is unacceptable, I don't understand why they just didn't keep it like last year, were they just said HE if they didn't have the name in the database--- so from that aspect they TOOK A STEP BACKWARDS
Old 08-26-2011, 03:00 AM   #7
Rookie

there's no excuse for not having everyones name. heck, ncaa has 90% of the players names recorded and their players technically don't even have names.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #8
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

After playing a few games...You can tell they call out a players number way more than last year. I dont mind it too much...I would rather have the player's name being called, but it is not a game killer to me

My guess is that (as JPDavis has mentioned) they are moving to a different commentary engine and right now the number is a place holder for a name later on...I think they spent most of the audio time this year on DPP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »