Home

Anyone find Next gen games unrealistic compared to old gen?

This is a discussion on Anyone find Next gen games unrealistic compared to old gen? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone find Next gen games unrealistic compared to old gen?

I miss things like the training camps before the seasons in Madden(chase and tackle, rushing attack etc.) and things like home field advantage in NCAA with the decibel meter which made road games actually have a difference than home games. Now playing Florida State or Alabama on the road as a team like Marshall has no effect on the game. It puzzles me on why features we had in 2005 are just making a comeback now, or not coming back at all. Things like that add to the realism.

I was never a big fan of NFL 2k5 but weekly preparation and halftime shows/sportscenter were great. Why can't we have things like that in 2011 if we had them in 2005?
Old 08-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #10
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
i think I am the only person that wasn't that thrilled with NCAA 06. Loved 04, hated 05, and was sort of meh on 06.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I know that what I loved about NCAA 06 was that it was possible to throw over defender's heads with ease, and that the Juke was a viable special move, and not just spin like in just about every other version of EA Football. Pro or college.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:54 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

I don't have next-gen but I still play Madden 05/06 on the PS2. Madden 05 gameplay with the Manifesto is amazing and 06 with slider tweaks plays a great game.

I have watched a lot of videos of next-gen Madden (06-12) and there are many unrealistic things that I see that I never see in last-gen. I hate the running animations in next-gen for one. Players run/sprint like they are on a ice-rink.

I also believe Madden 05 CPU QB play is the best with the Manifesto. They play realistic without being cheap. CPU QB in current-gen Madden makes too many stupid throws and interceptions.

Also the vision cone in 06 made passing difficult but realistic. 05 I sometimes complete too many passes. With the cone defenders can zone in on what receivers you are looking and pick off the pass/make a play as soon as the ball is thrown. When I lock into one receiver and pass to him the chance of it being picked off/tipped is greater than compared to if I make my reads and throw the ball.

Without the vision cone in current-gen Madden I believe passing is way too easy. Not much difference in playing a great QB and an average one. This goes for humans and sometimes CPU (which is what this thread is about). Defenders are also lost because they don't know where the ball might be thrown. Defenders react once the ball is thrown.

With the vision cone, defenders react to where the QB is looking and also when the ball is thrown. Big difference and makes the passing game realistic. Until Madden brings back the vision cone for current-gen, I won't even think about buying a new Madden game. I'm happy with rotating between 05 and 06.

Franchise sim stats in 05/06 are good-nothing out of the ordinary. Progression in both games are good. I've read how many current-gen Madden games have whack franchise stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »