Home

Gameinformer review

This is a discussion on Gameinformer review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Gameinformer review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
At the end of the day, we made the game for the fans, not reviewers.

I never designed one franchise feature this year with any thought to how Game Informer would like it.

Keep in mind....they gave Head Coach 09 a 25 out of 100.

Everything we added in franchise mode was requested by you guys...at the end of the day, if you guys are happy = reviews don't matter.
IGN gave it a 25/100. Game Informer gave it a 6.75/10.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 21

As with all reviews all that really matters is what was true and what was not true in what he said ?

Quote:
"I love this concept, but you can’t find out enough info on players even if you scout them multiple times. Worse yet, you don’t even have the combine numbers for the players you don’t scout."
Is that true or not true ?

Quote:
"Why do plays disappear in the GameFlow menu when I cycle through them, and why can’t I see the formations these plays are run from?"

Quote:
The presentation, with its cool NFL Films-like shaky cams, can’t correctly name the Gatorade Impact Player of the Game. I once saw it call out a QB with a rating of 13.9! Finally, more legacy gameplay problems must be cleared up. Linebackers still jump obnoxiously high to block passes on the higher difficulties, players can be unaware of the ball, secondaries drop many gimme INTs, WRs lack any aggression going after the ball, true gang tackles are missing, and punt and kickoff blocking is still horrible.

Ultimately we can scream on peoples opinions of the game one way or the other, but when they are pointing out specific stuff, you can't ignore it and at the very least have an explanation for it.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #19
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
At the end of the day, we made the game for the fans, not reviewers.

I never designed one franchise feature this year with any thought to how Game Informer would like it.

Keep in mind....they gave Head Coach 09 a 25 out of 100.

Everything we added in franchise mode was requested by you guys...at the end of the day, if you guys are happy = reviews don't matter.
Listen, I'm happy you put the franchise mode first this year, but the bugs are truly unacceptable. I as a consumer really rely on the reviews of certain games, especially in these trying times, but if I have a good feeling that the game hasn't made true strides in becoming an overall better product, then I will take my money elsewhere. I truly appreciate you for coming on here and defending your product, but I will not be buying Madden for the second straight year.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #20
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This review is a real head scratcher, NCAA 12 gets a 9.0 when it actually improved less than Madden 12, way less compared with NCAA/Madden 11 IMO. Also the fact that this review seems to be the only one scoring the game this low. I think anything lower than 8 for Madden 12 is probably not warranted based on what I know and have read about it from other reviews, mainly what Pastapadre had to say about it and he has had spent more time with the game than just about any of these guys and his impressions are very in depth, it's a great overview of the game IMO and I highly recommend everyone read it.
Out of all the reviewers, I put more stock in PastaPadre's reviews and thoughts than anyone else's -- including the staff of OS, which tends to be biased towards EA.

I trust PastaPadre to be honest and not a company shill who's bought and paid for. He clearly is through and spends a lot of time with games.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

I take these reviews about as serious as I would anyones from this site, the only review that matters to me is my own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #22
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
JD, I will say initially, as someone who normally doesn't like Madden, the game has potential to be a very good game. Really liked what little time I had with it. Will play more today obviously. It's still very early, but I am optimistic after a little bit of play time. I'll be posting stuff on Twitter later today as I play.
Good to know Bk. I'm following you on twitter as you know, so I'll be reading your updates/impressions when you get more time to play.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #23
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbertz
IGN gave it a 25/100. Game Informer gave it a 6.75/10.
My mistake. Just looked back and 1up.com gave it a 25.

IGN gave it a 7 out of 10.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #24
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Also, this review and the Gametrailers one (I think) mentioned it not having any new modes. Good. I just want all aspects of offline franchise to be the best they possibly can (including gameplay and presentation). If that is good, then I am good. What is sad is that the rumor is that EA cares a lot about metacritic scores.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »