Home

Gameinformer review

This is a discussion on Gameinformer review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #25
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Gameinformer review

Why do so many people trust reviews so much? Be it good or bad?

It baffles me. Yes you can read them to get an idea but to base a purchase on someone elses opinion is insane!

Try before you buy if it concerns you. Simple
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 12:35 PM   #26
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
Listen, I'm happy you put the franchise mode first this year, but the bugs are truly unacceptable. I as a consumer really rely on the reviews of certain games, especially in these trying times, but if I have a good feeling that the game hasn't made true strides in becoming an overall better product, then I will take my money elsewhere. I truly appreciate you for coming on here and defending your product, but I will not be buying Madden for the second straight year.
Based on this review? What you do with your money is your business, so take what I say with a grain of salt obviously, and I have not put much time in the game yet. But I will say as someone who's never really liked Madden, initially at least, the game is worth at the very least a rental.

Of course as I play more I reserve the right to change my opinion.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #27
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
Good to know Bk. I'm following you on twitter as you know, so I'll be reading your updates/impressions when you get more time to play.
Working from home today. Hoping to log off early.. So this afternoon, I should post more. Our game tastes are pretty close so at the least you can get a general feeling as to how you might like or not like the game.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #28
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
At the end of the day, we made the game for the fans, not reviewers.

I never designed one franchise feature this year with any thought to how Game Informer would like it.

Keep in mind....they gave Head Coach 09 a 25 out of 100.

Everything we added in franchise mode was requested by you guys...at the end of the day, if you guys are happy = reviews don't matter.
So why on the NCAA special was there a big hoopla over the reviews for the game, and what the critics thought about it? I know these are two different teams, but the ideas are generally directed in the same direction.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 10

Madden has been given a pass for years on next-gen. I think people are waking up too the fact how much Madden is behind other next- gen sports games. Madden is lacking in so many fundamental areas of football. They can't even get pass interference and a decent challenge system right yet. Still no double- team blocking on pass plays and foot planting is minimal. Immersion is not there, because it's more than INTROS EA!!! What about in-game immersion. When they stop catering too casual gamers and kids, get more sim style and make it 95% close too real life, then we can give madden what it deserves. NBA2k series and The SHOW is the standard, get on board EA, or get left behind.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #30
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Based on this review? What you do with your money is your business, so take what I say with a grain of salt obviously, and I have not put much time in the game yet. But I will say as someone who's never really liked Madden, initially at least, the game is worth at the very least a rental.

Of course as I play more I reserve the right to change my opinion.
Well seeing as there are no places within 20 miles from me to rent, and gamefly is always out of the most recent games for atleast the first 3-4 months. I really have to be careful of what I buy.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #31
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
At the end of the day, we made the game for the fans, not reviewers.

I never designed one franchise feature this year with any thought to how Game Informer would like it.

Keep in mind....they gave Head Coach 09 a 25 out of 100.

Everything we added in franchise mode was requested by you guys...at the end of the day, if you guys are happy = reviews don't matter.
good s%*T man!!! props
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #32
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
Well seeing as there are no places within 20 miles from me to rent, and gamefly is always out of the most recent games for atleast the first 3-4 months. I really have to be careful of what I buy.
I don't blame you for being cautious. I would be as well, I just have this football game buying addiction. The last decade or so I have bought Madden only to basically get bored of it within a few weeks. I am not sure that will be the case this year.

What you say about Gamefly is absolutely accurate. Main reason why I cancelled my subscription. Getting a new release was next to impossible for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »