Home

Gameinformer review

This is a discussion on Gameinformer review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: Gameinformer review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Hey giant,

As far as gameplay goes, the SHOW is outstanding, it's the presentation and commentary that puts u too sleep...lol
Wrong, there are major glitches with game play in the show. This is not about the show but I can sit here and file a book report on the game play issues with that game.

The only difference is that calling out the show is not the popular thing to do or the MLB fans would start calling you a troll.

Also the cool thing to do is bash Madden, most people bash it without playing it because they feel like they are cool now and accepted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #66
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
it's the bugs and glitches that have me HOT! EA releases on the average 2-3 patches a game release. Tell me one other reputable game developing company that releases that many on average.

They are not testing their games or their testing protocols need to be completely rewritten!

Game reviewers rarely get into the meat of the game and when they start to talk about bugs and glitches, that my friends is a problem and it should be embarassing for EA Sports.
The Show has averaged 2 patches per release in the past 5 years. I think.

MLB2k should have, but 2k seems to give up on supporting it after a month.

NBA2k? Not sure.. 1 patch per release? Although I don't think they've ever had a release day patch ala NCAA. I don't play a lot of NBA2k. Great game, NBA bores me to tears.

My biggest fears with EA, more than any other company is when they patch their games, they seem to break more things than the fix. I thoght the patches and the tuners killed NCAA last year.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-26-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
To me ST on Kick off is not broken because with the new ko rule most are touch backs and not going very far anyway.
I ran a kick off back in my only game. My fear is kick returns will be too easy.

Punt returns have always been what annoyed me. They never actually set up the return. Or block for the return.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
PA passing is not broken this year. At least not for me as of yet. Not sure what you mean by QB passing performance.

Agreed on ST, but don't have enough game time to judge yet.
Ok, so you agree on special teams, correct? Great, We will start there...

Would you agree special teams is a pretty big part of the game in terms of a football game in general?

How many years has special teams been an issue in both the NCAA and Madden series?

How many years have the issues with special teams been overlooked?

Is EA really listening to the fan?

Enlighten me...
Old 08-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #69
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

NBA2k? Not sure.. 1 patch per release? Although I don't think they've ever had a release day patch ala NCAA.

My biggest fears with EA, more than any other company is when they patch their games, they seem to break more things than the fix. I thoght the patches and the tuners killed NCAA last year.
Exactly!!! This is why I don't purchase EA sports games very often. EA always needs to fix the bugs post release, and they seem to screw the game up more than anything.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #70
Banned

Quote:
I ran a kick off back in my only game. My fear is kick returns will be too easy.

Punt returns have always been what annoyed me. They never actually set up the return. Or block for the return.
I agree with punt return game, if your dude is not 100 speed it would be hard to get through any blocking.

But I raised the ko slider to simulate what we see in pre season with most kick offs going deep into the ez
Old 08-26-2011, 01:43 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Ok, so you agree on special teams, correct? Great, We will start there...

Would you agree special teams is a pretty big part of the game in terms of a football game in general?

How many years has special teams been an issue in both the NCAA and Madden series?

How many years have the issues with special teams been overlooked?

Is EA really listening to the fan?

Enlighten me...

How is Kick Offs working for the NFL now. They are trying to eliminate it and you want to say it is a huge part of it. Well now it is not and punting is the last phase of ST that will have big impact
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:

NBA2k? Not sure.. 1 patch per release? Although I don't think they've ever had a release day patch ala NCAA. I don't play a lot of NBA2k. Great game, NBA bores me to tears.

Interesting... Is that a fear because there is a belief there that EA doesn't test what they release, game or otherwise.

Wouldn't it make sense to test thoroughly and get it right the first time?

Would you release questionable products to your customers if you actually cared about them?

or better yet, if your competition was providing a better product?

Just saying...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »