Home

Time for a sound overhaul!

This is a discussion on Time for a sound overhaul! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Time for a sound overhaul!

Whenever I play the game, sadly, I just mute it to have a tv show or music playing in the speakers or background.

Sad....really does take away from the game.

NBA2k is almost worth playing simply for the commentary.

So, I just avoid the disappointment of commentary in Madden by muting it all together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 01:17 PM   #42
Rookie

JRT2006's Arena

OVR: 5

1. I keep getting yelled at by the commentator. Hype/Excitement is one thing, but when this guy starts to get excited I feel like I'm back in boot camp
  2. The commentary on turnovers is godawful. Throw an interception, the CB/S runs it back for 25 yards, the commentator will refer to him as the Running Back, "to be a great running back in this leage...blah blah blah" and then refer to you as the defense and you just gave up a big play
  3. I get a loud, random quick high pitched crackle noise at least 5 times a game. I play my game loud, I have a 5000$ 7.1 Klipsh audio system with a Denon receiver. To go from a toned down automatic replay to an extremely loud crackle, as if you heard a car crash, is nuts! and scary!
  4. The number calling is a pain in the butt
  5. and I agree that they need to tailor the games sound for more advanced systems. I'd love to hear my side and back surrounds fill with crowd noise/PA and here on the field in just the fronts. Instead, it just seems like I'm converting 2 ch. stereo into 7.1 stereo
Old 08-31-2011, 01:20 PM   #43
Banned

The commentary is flat out aweful....and I had to turn the music slider down to zero...couldn't take it, it was literally making me aggrivated and annoyed.

I think they should go "retro" and put John Maddens commentary back in the game...even the "Boom"'s and "Pow"'s would be better than what they're working with now.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:15 PM   #44
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Agreed on all accounts in the negative sense.

When I saw the soundtrack options and heard the commentary I was thoroughly dissapointed. Bring in Gruden and the monday night team... oops that's ESPN, wont happen.

Anyway, turn the sounds down and play your ipod I guess. I've been trying to make the most realistic stadium sounding game to change the feel of the game. Make it feel like you are there type thing.

Turn up the stadium sounds and what not and turn the tv up. Make it feel like your on the sideline instead.

I don't understand why incorporating a few new lines of commentary hurt the game so much. Now they aren't in sync with each other, they miss plays all the time, they say the same things about the same players every single game in franchise mode. It's tiring and boring.

Collinsworth needs to go next time around.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #45
Pro

T5063's Arena

I played a few games and here's my 2c:

- crowd noise is wayyyyy to soft. Even on 100 you can barely hear it.
- Well know players are called by their # (ei. Tim Tebow). Although suprisingly, Pryor's name is called.
- Lots of awkard silences, especially in between quarters.
- "Gus" or whatever his name is never sounds serious. Most of his dialogue sounds like he's reading a fairy tale to a group of 6 year olds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #46
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
- "Gus" or whatever his name is never sounds serious. Most of his dialogue sounds like he's reading a fairy tale to a group of 6 year olds.
LMAO

couldn't possibly describe it better than that, he would be great for NBA Jam but this is the gridiron, not a hopskotch court.

also relieved to see i'm not the only one experiencing the 'pop', which for some reason doesn't happen in online games just in my offline franchise...where it is monsoon season...but thats another issue.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #47
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

I don't care much about the announcers, honestly, I just shut them off. It would be awesome if they were awesome, but at least I can shut it off.

It's the CROWD that bothers me. The atmosphere in a football game is crucial. How many times have we seen in Madden, a player is running 50 yards to the end zone, and the crowd is quiet as a mouse. Until he scores. Like they just noticed.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #48
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

Well this is just my opinion but when I see posts of people saying they just turn down the sound it gets to me they have been doing these sport games for a long time they should not get a free pass on the commentary when they are making money. I could see if they were not making enough scratch but they are so lets put those profits in all aspects of their short cumming s. Listen to your fan bases you can see this with more EA sport games than the 2k series it seems they have the commentary down lets hope EA gives us the same thing instead of just a couple of improvements every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »