Home

Time for a sound overhaul!

This is a discussion on Time for a sound overhaul! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Time for a sound overhaul!

Time for EA to finally focus on Sound/Commentary. This yrs game is horrific when it comes to sound.

- Gus constantly uses the numbers and not names. He called Wes Matthews (a player thats been in the NFL for 2 seasons) #24.

- It appears that EA has eliminated all the NFL songs (Sam Spense) that have been in the game for years.

- Many of the EA Trax songs are decent but don't fit in a football game.

- Sometimes the EA songs play over team fight songs.

- Finally, its time for EA to allow us to put in stadium specific songs. Other games have this option and it adds to immersion.

What other sound related ideas do you guys have?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Time for a sound overhaul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Time for EA to finally focus on Sound/Commentary. This yrs game is horrific when it comes to sound.

- Gus constantly uses the numbers and not names. He called Wes Matthews (a player thats been in the NFL for 2 seasons) #24.

- It appears that EA has eliminated all the NFL songs (Sam Spense) that have been in the game for years.

- Many of the EA Trax songs are decent but don't fit in a football game.

- Sometimes the EA songs play over team fight songs.

- Finally, its time for EA to allow us to put in stadium specific songs. Other games have this option and it adds to immersion.

What other sound related ideas do you guys have?
Did Wes Welker and Ryan Mathews have a love child?

j/k!

I totally agree with you though, whoever is in charge of Madden sound has been AWOL for 5 years now.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

They took out the NFL Films music? Horrible. Guess I will just have no menu music at all this year then. Every other year I've turned off ALL the EA Trax and just listened to the great NFL Films music.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Gotta say my buzz for this year's game is really getting killed with all these reports of bugs and glaring omissions.

On topic though, I'd like to see a sound setup that's optimized for 5.1 and 7.1 systems. Context specific crowd noise is something that no sports game has completely nailed. I want to feel the difference between crowd noise and intensity from a routine 1st down in the 1st quarter, to a pivotal 3rd down late in the game, to a in-division rival, to playoff games.

The only game that has come close to that type of effect was NBA Live 2010. I thoroughly enjoyed the crowds as they had some nuance and intelligence to them.

Obviously the gold standard for commentary is NBA 2K11, and it'd be great if the Tiburon teams studied the tech behind the stitching in that game.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:59 PM   #5
Rookie

Commentary should be coming next year.
As for the crowd, it needs buzz, even between plays. I remember Maden 04 being like that. It's such a killer when the teams are hudling up on the first play from scrimmage in a WC game and it's just dead(see Chiefs WC vid). It just kills the whole experience for me; sucks out all the excitment. Also, no J-E-T-S chant at opening kickoff and after Jets' scores. Bad bad bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
Rookie

ACARDINAL's Arena

No Sam Spence/NFL Films music????

That is a big fail EA.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Indeed. Sound is way behind the times.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

The numbers instead of names is a REAL KILLER for me; I'll wait for more threads to see how bad the number calling is come on EA!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »