Home

Madden NFL 12 Reviewer: First Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Reviewer: First Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #9
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Chris, a big THANK YOU for bringing up the lack of a Player-Lock camera for defense in Madden. Aggies and myself were campaigning hard for PL to make it into Madden this year, but were unsuccessful. I really don't understand why it's not there, when as you said, it's in NCAA and as Aggies (and others) have pointed out, a version of that camera DOES exist in Madden, only it's tucked away in Superstar Mode.

I agree that without Player-Lock, playing defense is not a lot of fun.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #10
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Madden 12 the game you buy not the game you want.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
I agree with mva5580, love me some Front Page Sports Football! I agree that us hardcore football sim players wont ever get what we want because we are not the masses they shoot for when they make these games.

Hockey is my primary sport as a fan and even NHL isn't as hardcore as I would like it. They love the big hits and goalie fights.... :P But I think NHL and FIFA are definitely closer to the real thing and as mva5580 said I doubt football will ever get to that point. I think the average player wants a game somewhere between true sim and NFL Blitz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 02:26 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2
Most reviews so far say that this game has a lot of work to do and according to GameInformer this is going to be a very disappointing release. I was hoping for a mind-blowing review for Madden 12 (as I pray for every year) that simply says, "put away $60 because this is a must-buy." Yet again, I am very un-impressed and will likely choose to keep my money that will be better-spent on other games as I have done since I bought my PS3. Why is it so hard to make a good football game? Why!!!???
Old 08-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #13
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
I'm sorry to say but this article wasn't particularly informative.

I found that too much information is being saved for another article and as such this was devoid of the depth I would expect for a game of Madden's importance.

EGs.
"The OL/DL interactions are better again this year. Still, I'm seeing some stuff that could be troublesome going forward. In reality, the line play has improved during the past several years, but going into this year it still had a long way to go. It's not there yet. I'll detail more in the gameplay article coming up this weekend."

"The WR/DB interactions still, well, they're just bad. That's all you can say about them. This is one of the more fascinating aspects of football, and it's still the same old same old for Madden."

These are some hotbed issues and to skim over them in a first impressions review means this is a pretty pointless article.

Thanks anyway.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 12 Reviewer: First Impressions

Is this where I am supposed to post this??

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042768742
Old 08-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #15
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
I'm sorry to say but this article wasn't particularly informative.

I found that too much information is being saved for another article and as such this was devoid of the depth I would expect for a game of Madden's importance.

EGs.
"The OL/DL interactions are better again this year. Still, I'm seeing some stuff that could be troublesome going forward. In reality, the line play has improved during the past several years, but going into this year it still had a long way to go. It's not there yet. I'll detail more in the gameplay article coming up this weekend."

"The WR/DB interactions still, well, they're just bad. That's all you can say about them. This is one of the more fascinating aspects of football, and it's still the same old same old for Madden."

These are some hotbed issues and to skim over them in a first impressions review means this is a pretty pointless article.

Thanks anyway.
Hard to get much more than surface level after 1 or 2 games man. I'm not going to start talking about stuff as fact until I see it through 10+ games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 03:09 PM   #16
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
Crazy thing is im enjoying this madden way more than any others in the past this generation. Usually I buy madden cant stand playing it and then trade it in after a week or so. This madden I actually think im gonna keep and play until the next one.

It definately has its problems (1 is a strange audio thing where Gus either refers much of the players by thier # or calls them the wrong name completely) and like Chase said with the recievers interaction with the cornerbacks. The lack of penalties especially pass interference have me shaking my head. Last years madden had flashes of "wow that looked and felt like real football" this year it happens way more. DPP helps the game immensely. Imo if they fix the reciever and corner interaction (recievers need to fight for the ball while in the air as do the corners) and sometimes trying to catch the ball triggers "sideline catch" animation when not needed. But overall I am enjoying the game alot

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »