Home

Madden NFL 12 Reviewer: First Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Reviewer: First Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 11:14 PM   #41
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambaseball
thanks for telling me in your review to come back and read your review tomorrow. and thanks for not telling us any details about your first impressions about anything.
You do know that is your #1 goal in journalism. You need to keep the reader thirsty and coming back for more. Works in advertising too, like you haven't went to go watch a movie because the trailer you saw rocked. Chris is genius, you have to acknowledge that.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #42
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofeazy
Soccer has 22 guys playing at the same time to.(For a longer time.)The avgare football play is like 4 to 6 seconds.(somebody correct me if I am wrong.)

Boy I am already see the 22 guy on the field excuess to much in the review threads (3 so far).Whats next the fields to small for all 22 players.
Soccer may have 22 players on the field but only 2-3 are engaging each other at once. With football you have an average of 10 players engaged with each other. I bet if you compared the artificial intelligence code between the two games, football will have at least 50% more code than soccer.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #43
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 12 Reviewer: First Impressions

Are people really complaining? Wow. Everything I've read in the impressions sticky has sounded GREAT. People these days...never happy.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:50 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1
Physics and collision-detection problems...ball passing thru receivers hands...during practices, qb's can be lit up by aggressive defenders...sounds like a pass for me.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:43 AM   #45
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I agree with mva5580, love me some Front Page Sports Football! I agree that us hardcore football sim players wont ever get what we want because we are not the masses they shoot for when they make these games.

Hockey is my primary sport as a fan and even NHL isn't as hardcore as I would like it. They love the big hits and goalie fights.... :P But I think NHL and FIFA are definitely closer to the real thing and as mva5580 said I doubt football will ever get to that point. I think the average player wants a game somewhere between true sim and NFL Blitz.
And this is why Madden has been an amazing franchise.

They have nailed this. It is why I love this game. Plenty of sim elements....but also a lot of fun and action for the video gamer in you.

Another aspect that rarely get's mentioned anymore is how awesome Madden is to play with a buddy (or your son) but not online, In person....how 20th century!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 04:22 AM   #46
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword

Another aspect that rarely get's mentioned anymore is how awesome Madden is to play with a buddy (or your son) but not online, In person....how 20th century!
I agree with ya, Armor.

Although my son and I haven't played Madden together in quite a while, but we did have a lot of fun playing vs each other, when we did. [NHL is our game of choice now]

But again I agree....Madden imo too, is still lots of fun to play vs someone you know.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:48 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3
I personally have a lot of faith in madden. This is the best Madden I played this generation, and even though it seems like baby steps I think that each one has gotten progressively better. Nba 2k also did the same thing and then all of a sudden they dropped a monster. Madden has that potential to do the same thing. I will admit though it is fustrating waiting year after year for that great Madden to come. With that said Im really diggin Madden this year, the most I have since PS2 days.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:19 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmehustle
I personally have a lot of faith in madden. This is the best Madden I played this generation, and even though it seems like baby steps I think that each one has gotten progressively better. Nba 2k also did the same thing and then all of a sudden they dropped a monster. Madden has that potential to do the same thing. I will admit though it is fustrating waiting year after year for that great Madden to come. With that said Im really diggin Madden this year, the most I have since PS2 days.
youl be waiting along time seings they been doing madden for over 20 years now. I'm 45 years old ill be 60 years old before we see EA do football right i guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »