Home

Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defensiv

This is a discussion on Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defensiv within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #25
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbails35
just played a game with those sliders, and pass rush is spot on pretty much. Playing with the steelers, had 3 sacks with harrison, 2 with smith, 1 each for polamalu, ike taylor, and woodley. This was is one half. Obviously too many but they come from the right spot. Didnt help that eli manning held the ball forever but still. Was sacked twice by tuck and osi, i got rid of the ball pretty quickly tho but it felt right. Going to try these sliders on different difficulty to see if the qb does a better job, plus try different qbs like brady and vick.
You also have one of the best defenses in the league with the steel curtain 2.0. I would move pass rush sliders down a tad, especially if you are user controlling linemen. I play with my pass rush set at 47 or 48 I think. Have to check when I get home.

But you have to play other QB's. Trust me, Brees and Manning will get rid of the ball a lot faster than ELI. Rivers will too. I've played a game or two against him. I've been adjusting my human end of these sliders since demo. But I can honestly say after 3 or 4 weeks of testing I was content enough to start my franchise and have enjoyed every single game.

The other thing on the human end (to be successful) is to mix up play calling. The CPU AI is a lot smarter in regards to picking up trends this year. I like the fact that you have to out think your opponent for once on the play calling end.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pressure from the defensive tackles has created more sacks than pass rushing defe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefreitas
You also have one of the best defenses in the league with the steel curtain 2.0. I would move pass rush sliders down a tad, especially if you are user controlling linemen. I play with my pass rush set at 47 or 48 I think. Have to check when I get home.
What are all of the changes that you have made other than pass rush? I liked the sliders overall but it was a bit too easy to pass, not overly easy but still. Run game seemed nice but I didnt run as much as I should have so I can't comment on that too much.
NHL - Red wings
MLB - Tigers
Old 09-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #27
Pro

JWR3232's Arena

OVR: 5

i play with a 3-4 defense and i get all sacks from ends and d-tackles never any from my linebackers
Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #28
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbails35
What are all of the changes that you have made other than pass rush? I liked the sliders overall but it was a bit too easy to pass, not overly easy but still. Run game seemed nice but I didnt run as much as I should have so I can't comment on that too much.
I will post my slider set tonight when I get in. I was also having an easy time both passing and running so I made some changes there as well. I haven't tested penalties enough but like what I have seen thus far if you want them. I feel like injuries are good where I have them too.

I have changed mine enough from Celg35's that I don't feel like I'd be tooting my own horn posting them, but the concept is the same. CPU at 100 everything, I use speed threshold at 75 to give some seperation between elite speed players and sub par speed players and also play on normal speed (love the feel of this as it feels like NFL speed).

Some warping with receiver/db's but I'm not sure if this is just an animation thing (CPU being at 100 pass reaction) or just the animations in general as we all know these interactions cannot be perfect no matter how many slider tweaks you make.

I get off work in 15 minutes. Playing when I get in. I will post my sliders then here in this thread when I get back. I feel like posting them in the slider section will cause people to call me out having stolen Celg's or something. I have to credit him with the work he's put in.

See below:

Game Options

Speed - Normal
Threshold - 75

Injury - 57 (very good mix of realistic injury frequency and severity)
Fatigue - 48

Human Sliders -

QB Acc 45
Pass Blk 55
WR Catch 47

Brkn Tkl 55
Run Blk 42
Fumbles 55

Pass Reac 55
Int's 45
Pass Rush 50

Rush Reac 50
Blk Shed 55
Tackle 55

CPU Sliders -

100 everything

Some users will find passing into zones is tough, it's all about timing and mixing up your play calling. This slider set is for people between that All Pro / All Madden skill level, which is where I consider myself to be.

It may not be for everyone. But if you want a competitive game then this will do it for you unless you are an absolute beast at this game. Play multiple teams and remember, hot and cold streaks, DPP, and player roles all factor in this year. So be looking at those elements before you make a decision. I have gotten very frustrated some games, but it's mostly because I was predictable on offense.

I love the game with these sliders. If I ever changed anything it might be lowering CPU Int's to 95 or 90 and lowering pass reaction time down to 95 or 90. Just possibilities in the future depending on end of the season stats and such. Some plays the DB's read incredibly quick. Gotta be sharp with your throws.

Edit - After the first four games of the season I have seen too many psychic DBS breaking on routes before receivers cut. Between Orton and Timmy I had over 10 picks in 3 and a half games. Too unrealistic.

Went into a exhibition game with the ravens and tried it at 90 analyzing a lot of plays. Lowered int's for PC to 80 as well. They actually drop passes occasionally now, where as before they were auto picks every time.

So

CPU - Int's down to 80, pass reaction down to 90

Last edited by jdefreitas; 09-01-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks, will try these out.
NHL - Red wings
MLB - Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »