Home

Planet XBox360 Review

This is a discussion on Planet XBox360 Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 03:31 PM   #9
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Planet XBox360 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
Well for one, I think we all can agree Madden doesn't have the best presentation of any game to date...
You're right, but I think we can all agree that Madden is going in the right direction now. Hopefully they build upon what has been done this year and get us the hafltime and weekly wrap up shows and rework the commentary.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:45 PM   #10
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

I am glad they are moving in the right direction, but when I still see players morf through other ones or on a screen play have 3 blockers miss the only guy they need to block (also dont even seem to know this defensive player is there, until he runs past the 3) I have to wait another year and hope the gameplay steps up.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #11
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah I've seen a 7/10 and a 6/10 both by females who were clueless about stuff, saying it's a step back from Madden 11. I mean how in the hell is Madden 11 better than 12 in ANY form or fashion?
Technically price wise 11 beats 12 but that's about it.

It's a decent review, but I feel it's a bit too high praise for it. When I read the part that says something like "a community ask for expanded rosters for offline franchise..." it kind of felt like the review was sort of nit picking a bit to make pro's. Many people wanted expanded rosters but I'm sure overwhelmingly those who did wanted the feature for both online and offline franchises.

To me, Madden 12 seems like a good step forward but the difference in content from online franchise and offline is a definite con. Maybe in the PS2/Xbox days where online play was limited it was alright to have a streamline online Franchise mode, but in this day in age where the dev's are almost guaranteed that most user have online access and the game has a large online following, it makes no sense at all to leave out many of the features of Offline Franchise when you try to play the Online Franchise. NCAA does a great job extended it's features Online and I honestly don't understand why the Madden team can't do the same.

They may blame time constraints and whatever else as reasons, but if NCAA has no problem extending new additions to both offline and online I don't see what the Madden team (which seems to be a better group) should have any issues.

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 08-26-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 04:29 PM   #12
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

What in my honest opinion you have to remember is the majority of people who buy/ play madden are sitting at home playing it and having fun.

Heck even most people on this forum probably are. Only people who have something to criticise will do so on a forum such as this. Much more people publicly complain about something than praise it. Just the way of the world.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #13
Rookie

Americas Team1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf756193
By the way, most of these reviewers who are giving Madden 12 bad grades have no interest in the sport of football or even understand it, so everything they say is irrelevant to me.

Really? Maybe they just don't think the game is that good... But anyway I say this guy is just a Madden fan boy for giving it a 9.5 .
Old 08-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 21

Gameplay 9.7 lol? It's damn near perfect? Sound 8.5 when even the most hardcore can't defend it? Wow. Reminds me when (I think)IGN rated Madden 08's gameplay a 9.8 even though they admitted you'd regularly turn the ball over 6-8 times a game

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 08-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #15
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team1
Really? Maybe they just don't think the game is that good... But anyway I say this guy is just a Madden fan boy for giving it a 9.5 .
I can't read that jumbled mess but I can guess what he says with that review score. Hope he's right.

With reviews, go by Olympic judging rules, throw out the lowest and the highest scores and average out all the others.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #16
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf756193
After playing the demo I'm confused as to where all this hate is coming from. This is by far the best Madden game I've played in many years. Madden 12 is lightyears ahead of Madden 11 (which was an absolutely terrible game). This year's game feels very realistic compared to past years and I can't wait to get my game on Tuesday.

By the way, most of these reviewers who are giving Madden 12 bad grades have no interest in the sport of football or even understand it, so everything they say is irrelevant to me.
Umm...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »