Home

This game needs to go back to PC, badly.

This is a discussion on This game needs to go back to PC, badly. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
This game needs to go back to PC, badly.

Its really time that the game returns to PC for multiple reasons. All anyone needs to do is look at what the community does with NBA2K11 on PC, and that should be all you need to see. But with this games shortcomings, a lot of it could be fixed by a willing mod community on the PC.

For those of you who believe at the ps2 gen version of this game is better, I implore you to pick up a copy of Madden 08 for the PC, and visit the football freaks wiki page. Not only do they update the rosters, uniforms, etc, but they also make many behind the scenes changes to make the gameplay a lot smarter. Yes....it takes effort. But that effort is paid off by a really, really fun version of Madden.

And I also have to say, with the work the modders do on the jerseys and playing last gen Madden at 1920 x 1080 resolution, it looks damn good. I continue to hold out hope that one of these days EA Sports will return the series to the platform that got it all started. We would all benefit. And PLEASE don't even consider bringing piracy into this topic. If 2K Sports can sell NBA and MLB 2K on the PC for $20, then EA Sports can damn sure sell their games for $50.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: This game needs to go back to PC, badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
Its really time that the game returns to PC for multiple reasons. All anyone needs to do is look at what the community does with NBA2K11 on PC, and that should be all you need to see. But with this games shortcomings, a lot of it could be fixed by a willing mod community on the PC.

For those of you who believe at the ps2 gen version of this game is better, I implore you to pick up a copy of Madden 08 for the PC, and visit the football freaks wiki page. Not only do they update the rosters, uniforms, etc, but they also make many behind the scenes changes to make the gameplay a lot smarter. Yes....it takes effort. But that effort is paid off by a really, really fun version of Madden.

And I also have to say, with the work the modders do on the jerseys and playing last gen Madden at 1920 x 1080 resolution, it looks damn good. I continue to hold out hope that one of these days EA Sports will return the series to the platform that got it all started. We would all benefit. And PLEASE don't even consider bringing piracy into this topic. If 2K Sports can sell NBA and MLB 2K on the PC for $20, then EA Sports can damn sure sell their games for $50.
GREAT post. I loved 08 on the PC! The fact that you could create and edit your own draft classes made it even more awesome. Makes me want to re-install it right now!
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 08-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #3
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2

Any game on the PC is better. Mostly because it isn't locked for modifications..unlike stupid consoles. Madden and playing online with friends is the only reason I own a PS3 (and a Wii for their exclusives).

I hope some day it will go back on the PC. But I would expect a lot of glitches. Especially since it'd be the first time with all the new gen stuff.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

It is my dream that Madden would go back to PC and NCAA would join it the wonderful things modders could do with Madden and NCAA would be amazing..
Old 08-27-2011, 11:45 PM   #5
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Haven't really played Madden since it was on PC anyway. I loved it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Remember, it took a couple years for the guys at FF to figure out the art models - and modify accordingly for Madden 08. Eve if Madden went back to PC, doesn't mean we would have mods galore.

With that said, Madden and NCAA to the PC would be the next alternative to any console on the market. I love that 2k sports realizes this and continues to make top notch sports games like MLB 2k11 and NBA 2k11 for the PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »