Home

imported classes appear to be broken yet again

This is a discussion on imported classes appear to be broken yet again within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #33
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: imported classes appear to be broken yet again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogwilson
No, the NCAA-imported classes generate names too! I recognized none of the players from Ohio State as I played with them in my NCAA dynasty. It's such a damn shame and takes away from an element of the game I was most excited about. I'd never kept an NCAA game long enough to actually export and use draft classes. Now it looks like I should have just sold NCAA early on. Was it always like this? Anyone know if this is just a glitch and that EA may patch it soon?
So to be clear: when you import an NCAA class it assigns names to random players, like Andrew Luck might be a TE and LaMichael James might be a CB?

How did Pastapadre get a legit import? He had correct names/positions on his screenshot.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #34
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
So to be clear: when you import an NCAA class it assigns names to random players, like Andrew Luck might be a TE and LaMichael James might be a CB?

How did Pastapadre get a legit import? He had correct names/positions on his screenshot.
No, the players are all at the right position, they just don't have the correct names. Also, it's not happening every time or to everyone.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #35
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Yes to your first question. (I have early dl edition)

As far as PP is concerned my only guess would be that he has a hard copy and that it is a glitch with the early dl edition. Guess someone with a disk would need to clear that up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #36
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:

I did not have any name contortion happen in my import testing. Luck was Luck, Jones was Jones, etc.

What might be happening is NCAA asks about exporting in 2 different places. Before coach carousel and then again after players leaving. Make sure you export the class after players leaving prompt. That's what I did on both tests and it worked. But even when using an imported class, the training camp invitees are made up of any non drafted imports and players generated by Madden itself. The latter being generic creates of course.

However, per my post above, the low amount of available players at each position is troublesome. Hopefully that gets fixed via patch. It's not a game killer but I wish every draft eligible player who is imported would be brought over for both the draft and non roster invitees for pre season

Sent from.....
Old 08-26-2011, 11:03 PM   #37
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
I did not have any name contortion happen in my import testing. Luck was Luck, Jones was Jones, etc.

What might be happening is NCAA asks about exporting in 2 different places. Before coach carousel and then again after players leaving. Make sure you export the class after players leaving prompt. That's what I did on both tests and it worked. But even when using an imported class, the training camp invitees are made up of any non drafted imports and players generated by Madden itself. The latter being generic creates of course.

However, per my post above, the low amount of available players at each position is troublesome. Hopefully that gets fixed via patch. It's not a game killer but I wish every draft eligible player who is imported would be brought over for both the draft and non roster invitees for pre season

Sent from.....
Do you have an approximate of where they cut it off (ie 90 ovr in NCAA) or does it look like there's a max number for each position that will transfer over? Or, is it based off the stat leaders for that year since that seems to play a factor in draft position? I could imagine that quite a few well known collegiate players get left off with such a small class.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #38
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
Do you have an approximate of where they cut it off (ie 90 ovr in NCAA) or does it look like there's a max number for each position that will transfer over? Or, is it based off the stat leaders for that year since that seems to play a factor in draft position? I could imagine that quite a few well known collegiate players get left off with such a small class.
I did not check the stats in NCAA so I don't know. I might run another one and check that. The OVR in NCAA did not appear to have a correlation

Sent from.....
Old 08-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankstallone83
Yes to your first question. (I have early dl edition)

As far as PP is concerned my only guess would be that he has a hard copy and that it is a glitch with the early dl edition. Guess someone with a disk would need to clear that up.
I have the early download edition and my ncaa rosters import fine as far as being the correct players, names etc.

Andrew Luck is Andrew Luck... Justin Blackmon is Justin Blackmon etc etc.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:51 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had the issue with the NCAA import. I'm guessing it was something on the NCAA end of things. I'm going to re sim my four years and see if I can find out what exactly causes it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »