Home

accelerated clock in offline franchise?

This is a discussion on accelerated clock in offline franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #33
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: accelerated clock in offline franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Runs playclock to 20 seconds. If you break the huddle and don't rush to the line, you get set at the LOS with about 13-15 seconds on the clock. While I would prefer to have control, and set it at 15 last year, I find 20 to be a happy medium, if it's going to be forced on me.
That's exactly what I do and I am able to get realistic stats.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #34
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

The big impact is on play time for me. I used to use 15 secs. and 12 mins. quarters to get close to the 120-125 plays a game, but the games would also take under an hour.

There is just no way to get the 120-125 plays a game at an hour or less like this.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is mildly disappointing. I'm a huge stickler for realistic stats, ToP, and # of plays per game. Hopefully it'll get patched sooner than later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
The big impact is on play time for me. I used to use 15 secs. and 12 mins. quarters to get close to the 120-125 plays a game, but the games would also take under an hour.

There is just no way to get the 120-125 plays a game at an hour or less like this.
I am not sure. I am at 11 minutes with the 20 seconds setting. I am getting between 120-126 plays. I believe the average is 63 snaps per team, so i am in the ballpark. My games are lasting roughly an hour, maybe a little less depending on how much I use gameflow to call my defense.

I've played a grand total of 4 games with these settings so take that with a grain of salt.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #37
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I am not sure. I am at 11 minutes with the 20 seconds setting. I am getting between 120-126 plays. I believe the average is 63 snaps per team, so i am in the ballpark. My games are lasting roughly an hour, maybe a little less depending on how much I use gameflow to call my defense.

I've played a grand total of 4 games with these settings so take that with a grain of salt.
Hmm, are you always using GameFlow? I had 11 mins. / 20 secs. before, but only got to around 110 plays or so.

It was just an hour, like you said.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #38
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Hmm, are you always using GameFlow? I had 11 mins. / 20 secs. before, but only got to around 110 plays or so.

I used gameflow on Defense like 75% of the time, and choose my own plays on offense.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is the time of possession equitable this year? Also, after 120 plays or so, what do the stats look like? Any glaring statistical anomalies?

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #40
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:

I am in the same boat as you, free time is harder and harder to come by and sitting down for more than an hour is not super feasible all the time.

You know what the ultimate solution is? In game saves. Every F'n sports game known to man not made by EA seems to have it. 2k baseball and basketball, and The Show do at the very least. It's 2011, there's no reason that feature shouldn't be in every sports game on the market.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »