Home

accelerated clock in offline franchise?

This is a discussion on accelerated clock in offline franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 01:00 PM   #49
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: accelerated clock in offline franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
13 minutes with good set of sliders...

It really is a shame because I was having a good time using 15min qtrs with minmum playclock time set at 10 seconds. I'm thinking they can patch this in since its nothing new to add technically. And I assume it would work where you wouldn't have to restart a franchise for it.

It's def unacceptable for this to be overlooked. Why give us the option if it can't be used on franchise mode....?
Now that I have had time to calm down over this issue, I can live with it.

I am like you though, I really liked 15minQ's with realistic stats, and TOP. Now I guess I'll be going with 12-13 minQ's to get my realistic stats... which is more important to me than TOP.

But last year I had both! Now with accell clock forced on you at 20secs I cant have my cake and eat it too.. which is lame.

Also if you dont like the accelerated clock this is even a bigger bummer... because the accell clock is forced on you even if you dont want it.

Still SMH at this one... I cant imagine why they wouldn intentionally do this.

I guess Im going with shorter quarters to get 120-125 plays... at least untill this possibly gets patched.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:19 PM   #50
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

I won't go so far as to say it's a game killer, but it is pretty disappointing. I hope it can be patched, but the "will be in Madden 13" quote from the first page doesn't fill me with hope.

(Side rant: Dear game developers -- Saying "it will be fixed next year" when your game hasn't even been fully released this year is very poor form. And I'm not just talking about EA/Madden. It seem to be a growing trend.)
Old 08-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Now that I have had time to calm down over this issue, I can live with it.

I am like you though, I really liked 15minQ's with realistic stats, and TOP. Now I guess I'll be going with 12-13 minQ's to get my realistic stats... which is more important to me than TOP.

But last year I had both! Now with accell clock forced on you at 20secs I cant have my cake and eat it too.. which is lame.

Also if you dont like the accelerated clock this is even a bigger bummer... because the accell clock is forced on you even if you dont want it.

Still SMH at this one... I cant imagine why they wouldn intentionally do this.

I guess Im going with shorter quarters to get 120-125 plays... at least untill this possibly gets patched.

hang on..what!? i HAVE to use accelerated clock in franchise mode? surely not...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #52
Rookie

jackw's Arena

OVR: 4

Everyone calm down, you know they will patch it. I've never seen a game nit picked for every little thing, SMH. For now just lower the quarters and move on.
FIGHT FOR OLD D.C.!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #53
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I was able to get realistic stats last year with 15 minute quarters and the play clock at 20 seconds. Just don't rush up to the line and slow down your pace.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #54

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I was able to get realistic stats last year with 15 minute quarters and the play clock at 20 seconds. Just don't rush up to the line and slow down your pace.
The only problem with this is that you can't control the pace the CPU uses to get to the line and snap which could potentially skew the amount of plays by each.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is an atrocious thing, I'm not really happy about it but don't think it is a big deal if not patched.

I do however feel bad for those that don't like it if they are unable to turn it off.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #55
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The only problem with this is that you can't control the pace the CPU uses to get to the line and snap which could potentially skew the amount of plays by each.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is an atrocious thing, I'm not really happy about it but don't think it is a big deal if not patched.

I do however feel bad for those that don't like it if they are unable to turn it off.
I do agree that it is pretty ridiculous for them to make the decision to have no way to edit or turn off accelerated clock in franchise mode. I can almost guarantee that accelerated clock is used mostly for franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 08:34 PM   #56
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
Josh said "He didn't know why" it wasn't there but will be there for M13.
EA's real slogan -

If it's in the game, it's in the game... next year!
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »