Home

New Idea For Madden

This is a discussion on New Idea For Madden within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-26-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
MVP

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
New Idea For Madden

Forgive me if this idea has been mentioned before. Also, bear with me as I am trying to phrase things in a way that will not offend anyone.

There seems to be generally two camps of people who like to play NFL-licensed virtual football:

Group 1.) People who just want to see the real teams, stadiums and names and who want to just be able to have a fun time with an NFL-branded game. It doesn't need to be significantly improved year-to-year, it just needs to show "some" type of improvement each year and be fun. It doesn't need dynamic commentarty and custscenes bc this group isn't in to all that - they just FFwd through that stuff. They just want to get on the sticks, play in tournaments locally and online. Gameflow and one-button mode is great for them bc they just want to hurry up and have that between-the-lines experience against a friend.

Group 2.) People who want more of an in-depth a cerebral experience with the game - real challenges, penalties, in-depth statisitical tracking, maximum passing, custom soundtracks, etc. They also crave the dynamic banner-stat overlays, dynamic audio, references to other games during their single-player season, in-depth franchise and owner mode, etc.

So how about create 2 different Madden Games to come out every year (kinda like what they tried to do with Madden and Head Coach in 09)?

For instance, "Madden Tournament" would be for the people in Group 1 and "All-Madden Football" would be for the people in Group 2.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Idea For Madden

The thought is good, but it would cost EA so much more money, it will never happen. They will never spend time and money making two games, when they could just make one that both sides would buy anyways.

I'd certainly love a game where EA didn't take in to account the ridiculous 'wants' of 13 year old online cheesers... but it won't happen.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

They should change the camera on defense. Defensive players do not have eyes behind their heads! it is unfair how we get to see behind us while controlling a player on defense. They should turn the camera around on defense.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batistaj15
They should change the camera on defense. Defensive players do not have eyes behind their heads! it is unfair how we get to see behind us while controlling a player on defense. They should turn the camera around on defense.
A) No.
B) What does that have to do with this thread?
Old 08-27-2011, 02:11 AM   #5
MVP

inkcil's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks
The thought is good, but it would cost EA so much more money, it will never happen. They will never spend time and money making two games, when they could just make one that both sides would buy anyways.

I'd certainly love a game where EA didn't take in to account the ridiculous 'wants' of 13 year old online cheesers... but it won't happen.
Yeah, it would cost a lot more money to make, but there would be a strong possibility that alot of people would buy both games...

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Yeah, it would cost a lot more money to make, but there would be a strong possibility that alot of people would buy both games...
How can you state there are two camps of people, then say they would buy both? Kind of contradictory, no?

I certainly would NOT buy the game rich in online features. I've played online maybe 3 times and hated it to the point where it's discouraged me from playing other games online.

Like I said, your theory is great, but it will NEVER.never.NEVER happen. EA is all about the benjamins, and producing two games for the same amount of customers will NOT happen.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Forgive me if this idea has been mentioned before. Also, bear with me as I am trying to phrase things in a way that will not offend anyone.

There seems to be generally two camps of people who like to play NFL-licensed virtual football:

Group 1.) People who just want to see the real teams, stadiums and names and who want to just be able to have a fun time with an NFL-branded game. It doesn't need to be significantly improved year-to-year, it just needs to show "some" type of improvement each year and be fun. It doesn't need dynamic commentary and custscenes bc this group isn't in to all that - they just FFwd through that stuff. They just want to get on the sticks, play in tournaments locally and online. Gameflow and one-button mode is great for them bc they just want to hurry up and have that between-the-lines experience against a friend.

Group 2.) People who want more of an in-depth a cerebral experience with the game - real challenges, penalties, in-depth statistical tracking, maximum passing, custom soundtracks, etc. They also crave the dynamic banner-stat overlays, dynamic audio, references to other games during their single-player season, in-depth franchise and owner mode, etc.

So how about create 2 different Madden Games to come out every year (kinda like what they tried to do with Madden and Head Coach in 09)?

For instance, "Madden Tournament" would be for the people in Group 1 and "All-Madden Football" would be for the people in Group 2.

Or they could just build to different type of "slider" sets into the game... Just like the do with NHL Hockey and NBA 2k11...

In those games, you have the game setting option of:

-Simulation
-Casual
-Custom

I don't see why its that difficult...

SIM is a game style that plays like the real NFL... Make it HARD for people to win... If you don't play "smart" you will be punished, just like in 2k11, and NHL... If you try to play "sim" in those games, but still try to play unrealistic, the game makes you pay by kicking your ***.

Casual, is for people that you described above... "People who just want to see the real teams, stadiums and names and who want to just be able to have a fun time with an NFL-branded game. It doesn't need to be significantly improved year-to-year, it just needs to show "some" type of improvement each year and be fun. It doesn't need dynamic commentary and custscenes bc this group isn't in to all that - they just FFwd through that stuff. They just want to get on the sticks, play in tournaments locally and online. Gameflow and one-button mode is great for them bc they just want to hurry up and have that between-the-lines experience against a friend."

Default - this would be the normal, out of the box setting... All sliders right in the middle, no tweaks, just plain Jane, here it is...

Custom - of course this would be after you made any changes to the above listed settings... If you want to play on "sim" but, want to make it just a tad bit easier, then you make your changes and save your "custom" set...

Again, this should not be that complicated for them to implement... There are 3 other games out RIGHT NOW, 2k11, NHL, and FIFA that have these type of options and TWO OF THEM ARE MADE BY EA!!!... Seriously, get with it... You see all the reviews on all the sites, 7.5 and 8's, its getting old, and EVERYONE is getting tired of it...

psn - CeeGee
Old 08-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks
How can you state there are two camps of people, then say they would buy both? Kind of contradictory, no?

I certainly would NOT buy the game rich in online features. I've played online maybe 3 times and hated it to the point where it's discouraged me from playing other games online.

Like I said, your theory is great, but it will NEVER.never.NEVER happen. EA is all about the benjamins, and producing two games for the same amount of customers will NOT happen.
You need to find an online franchise full of players that play the game "the right way"...

the new online communities should help you out...

Playing online is VERY fun and satisfying if you can find the right people to play with... Doing "quick play" does not in any way represent how the majority of online players play the game...

PM me if your interested in some really good online franchises

psn - CeeGee

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »