Home

Gamespot review: only 7.5

This is a discussion on Gamespot review: only 7.5 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 11:43 PM   #17
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Gamespot review: only 7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUsideline
It's really not worth 59.99 now.
This is just me personally , as others do feel different. I do not feel the title is worth $59.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUsideline
You make a good point. I have not play the game but from what I have seen so far, I think EA kinda mailed in this year. This really is the same game most people have been playing for the past three years.
Yes you can say that.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
This is just me personally , as others do feel different. I do not feel the title is worth $59.99

Yes you can say that.
I bet they knew it too, hence the season ticket. I think next year they will hurt. I really feel they have crossed the line.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #19
Rookie

ASUsideline's Arena

OVR: 2

To be fair EA might have reached the end of the line with this game in what they can do to develop for it.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:02 AM   #20
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by michfan16
Then again, in ncaa they said the squiggly lines were a glitch
Yeah, I dont rely on these reviews from gamespot. The guy must of ate a piece of acid to make that kind of comment.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #21
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I don't disagree with the commentator or even the replays. But few worthwhile changes? I don't get that.
Because all they do is play online matches and Play Now. They don't do franchise mode. Big name website reviews on Madden and NCAA are absolutely worthless every single year. They always give it an 8 or an 8.5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #22
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

Sounds like they're only tired of reviewing the series itself. They get these full time First Person Shooter players to review these kind of games and they don't even know what improvements were made to the game before reviewing it. More changes/improvements were made to this transition game ('11 to '12) than any other this gen, and fixed 2 of the most important issues with suction and making franchise deeper. I never listen to big name sites for sports reviews... EVER. And it has worked to my advantage perfectly to this day. I skipped '11 so I'm buying '12, plain and simple.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:35 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL

Yes you can say that.
But is worth spending 25 to get it early. EA says thank you.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:57 AM   #24
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm probably going to keep my pre-order through Amazon, since I got it for $40 (thanks to $20 credit for that calamity of a game, NCAA 12) and will get another $20 credit to apply towards NBA 2k12 (the game I'm really excited about).

Plus, I didn't get Madden 11 and really liked Madden 10. And, worst-case scenario, I have to believe Madden 12 is better than 10. I know it looks better, which is important to me. As long as there's no major off-line issues, I'm good with it.

As much as the surprisingly low review scores are disconcerting, I'm glad. I hope more people give it lower scores and hope it enrages EA. I hope it hurts sales and pushes EA to get off its rear and take major steps forward (commentary is embarrassingly bad in the videos I've seen -- Gus Johnson = fail. Really, Gus, what was all the fuss about when they hired you?).

Whenever EA is lauded, it seems to get to their heads and they take a year off (e.g., NCAA 12).

So I applaud Gamespot for sticking it to the man, whether the man deserves it or not.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »