Home

Franchise Free Agency

This is a discussion on Franchise Free Agency within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Franchise Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
I think it only really impacts the first year and in my opinion the $ amounts are right but the free agents are drastically over rated. These guys are all free agents in real life for a reason. I went in and reduced all their ratings so that my highest free agent was a 79 to start the season. I mean Tiki Barber an 83? Who thought that was legit? Was he even an 83 in his last appearance in Madden?

Realistically, the only reason they would be signed past this point would be to fill in for an injury but since they were improperly rated some of them could come in and be stars on some teams current rosters. As injury fillers most of these players, now that they have probably gotten the message that teams aren't interested in them full time would jump at a contract for just under $1M for a year.
Just cuz I was bored I felt like looking it up...his Madden 07 ratings are below..

OVR
SPDACCSTRAGIAWRCTHCARTRKELUBCV
Old 09-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #10
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Just curious to see if it's happening to anyone else...when I got to free agency and land a guy, I go to sign him and after he's signed sealed and delivered, the cap room doesn't decrease. It stay stagnant--like I never signed him.

Sometimes it will decrease--after the 3rd or 4th guy I signed. But it looks like the salary cap is broken?

And yes, I do have the salary cap option turned on.

**Edit** I just went to test out the salary cap. First off--does anyone know how the salary cap penalty works? Meaning, if I cut Joe Thomas, and he is scheduled to earn over $29 million in bonus for the remaining contract years, does that $29 million go against my cap? Because in the game, when I cut Thomas, I suffered a $4 million cap hit.

Then, strangely, when I went back to see if I could resign guys on my team to longer contracts, the salary cap kept jumping up and down. With one guy, it's $52 mi. Go to resign another, and it's $51. Go resign another, and it tells me my cap room is $64 mil, etc.

Last edited by PacMan3000; 09-02-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:04 AM   #11
Rookie

Kegthaplaya's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Just curious to see if it's happening to anyone else...when I got to free agency and land a guy, I go to sign him and after he's signed sealed and delivered, the cap room doesn't decrease. It stay stagnant--like I never signed him.

Sometimes it will decrease--after the 3rd or 4th guy I signed. But it looks like the salary cap is broken?

And yes, I do have the salary cap option turned on.

**Edit** I just went to test out the salary cap. First off--does anyone know how the salary cap penalty works? Meaning, if I cut Joe Thomas, and he is scheduled to earn over $29 million in bonus for the remaining contract years, does that $29 million go against my cap? Because in the game, when I cut Thomas, I suffered a $4 million cap hit.

Then, strangely, when I went back to see if I could resign guys on my team to longer contracts, the salary cap kept jumping up and down. With one guy, it's $52 mi. Go to resign another, and it's $51. Go resign another, and it tells me my cap room is $64 mil, etc.
A lot of players will resign to cheaper deals. Vince Young starts off with a 1 year 5.5 mil contract, i went to offer him a deal to lock him up for longer and he asked for a 3 year deal worth 5.8 mil total (about 2 mil a year). It seems like they have the intelligence to realize they are extremely overpaid this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 01:54 AM   #12
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by XI CMURDER IX
If you go into the player management screen where you can find your players. Hold down the left trigger, and go to free agents. Then you can sign them for more then one year.
This.

To do legitimate contract offers with FAs you must go to Player Management and scroll over to Free Agents, and then make an offer.

They're nowhere near as cheap here as they are in the "Free Agent" tab. Seems to me like they forgot to copy the contract logic over to that tab.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »