Home

1Up Madden NFL 12 "Review" B-/67 on Metacritic

This is a discussion on 1Up Madden NFL 12 "Review" B-/67 on Metacritic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 1Up Madden NFL 12 "Review" B-/67 on Metacritic

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't mind the commentary! Based on the games I've seen on youtube, sounds like it was improved quite a bit this year!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #18
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

commentary aside how are the stadium/atmosphere sounds? i will just play without the commentary...
Old 08-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Tom Hammond but yeah, I really think I am going to play with commentary off, they have never bashed it this bad before...
Old 08-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

The commentary is truly bad. I've already disabled it.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
commentary aside how are the stadium/atmosphere sounds? i will just play without the commentary...
I think the stadium sounds are pretty well done. Crowd noise could be a little more dynamic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
I agree 100% my dude...EA needs a shakedown...the game is not bad...but I've seen them do better...they just dont feel like they have to....i miss 2k and I never played the freakin game...i miss the comp that pushed Madden to be great.
Absofrickin lutely. I miss NFL2K and I've never even seen it.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #23
Rookie

Shizz420's Arena

OVR: 3

Most of the review I have read were: "Better....but still stale". I agree, the presentation adds alot and some of the physics are fixed, but not all. Logic is better ,but I feel like I am playing NCAA as the QB is just allowed to run freely or the safety is late in zone coverage.

Competition breeds contempt, but it also excretes excellence through the consequences of trial and error. What consequences does EA feel by putting out a sub-par game? None. They still make money, even if sales weren't the in "auto platform must have" range they were in the PS2/XBOX days. It's a different economy too, and I am sure EA will use that as an excuse NOT to pay for better development into AI and GUI (which costs a lot of manpower to invest in to restructure).
Old 08-27-2011, 12:46 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

I read that 1UP review last night and was impressed.
Even more so, because before seeing it I had been reading the discussion on here about Madden reviews - and how reviewers may not be sports fans, the subjective nature of reviews, how it is tough to review a game that makes minor improvements each year, etc. etc.

It was refreshing to see this review not only take these things into account, but flat out admit them in the review. Nice that someone wrote a review (it would seem) thinking of what gamers such as our selves are thinking.

On a side note - I don't understand why 1up's reviews are weighted so lowly on MetaCritic. Or maybe I do - as I believe they have called them out in the past for not being transparent in this regard. Either way, 1up and EGM have always been the source I trust most for mainstream reviews.

Last edited by rymflaherty; 08-27-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »