Home

EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yeah what a media blitz. Lol.
Funny joke, do you have a point? No.

There's plenty of costs involved here that you aren't seeing. At the suggested income of 162K of the person I initially quoted, I wouldn't be surprised for a second if that came at a loss to EA.

Anyone who's worked in a corporate environment with a project of that scope would understand that.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #74
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
Funny joke, do you have a point? No.

There's plenty of costs involved here that you aren't seeing. At the suggested income of 162K of the person I initially quoted, I wouldn't be surprised for a second if that came at a loss to EA.

Anyone who's worked in a corporate environment with a project of that scope would understand that.
If you say so. If you want to believe you know more than anyone else does, have at it.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #75
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Right because giving consumers options is a bad thing. I swear some people litereally just pop off without an ounce of thought.
I too fail to understand why people seem personally offended by this Season Ticket, and seem to wish it wasn't an option at all. Aren't options a good thing? Assuming none of us are forced to buy it at gun point, I really don't see the downside. They're really just giving guys like me, who are willing to spend a little extra cash, an extra weekend with several highly anticipated games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #76
Pro

Quote:
If you say so. If you want to believe you know more than anyone else does, have at it.
If I say so?

Are you a kid? Or have you ever worked on a project of this magnitude in the real world?

Stop acting like I'm being some know it all. This isn't hard to wrap your head around.

This project likely took a while to develop and a single developer would bring home 65K a year.

You then have web developers putting in time to support the plan. The time it took to integrate it to the PSN and XBL networks would come at a cost. Pushing 65,000GB of data across their networks would come at a cost. Doing Q/A testing throughout the process would come at a cost.

What about the design phase at the executive level? What about infrastructure costs in supporting the feature? What about the time spent discussing it at events like E3? Their stage time is far from cheap.

Etc. etc. etc.

Yeah I think anyone who's worked a day in the real world would be able to identify these items and realize that this likely didn't generate true profit for EA.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #77
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
I too fail to understand why people seem personally offended by this Season Ticket, and seem to wish it wasn't an option at all. Aren't options a good thing? Assuming none of us are forced to buy it at gun point, I really don't see the downside. They're really just giving guys like me, who are willing to spend a little extra cash, an extra weekend with several highly anticipated games.
Exactly. No one has come up with a reasonable reason it's a bad thing.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #78
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
If I say so?

Are you a kid? Or have you ever worked on a project of this magnitude in the real world?

Stop acting like I'm being some know it all. This isn't hard to wrap your head around.

This project likely took a while to develop and a single developer would bring home 65K a year.

You then have web developers putting in time to support the plan. The time it took to integrate it to the PSN and XBL networks would come at a cost. Pushing 65,000GB of data across their networks would come at a cost. Doing Q/A testing throughout the process would come at a cost.

What about the design phase at the executive level? What about infrastructure costs in supporting the feature? What about the time spent discussing it at events like E3? Their stage time is far from cheap.

Etc. etc. etc.

Yeah I think anyone who's worked a day in the real world would be able to identify these items and realize that this likely didn't generate true profit for EA.
Actually I have. Many many projects in the tens of millions of dollars. If you want to continue to argue that your hypotheseis is somehow to be taken strictly as fact, enjoy. You'll be arguing alone.

Besides basically nothing you posted relates to my post.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-27-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:07 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 1

I got the season ticket so I could try out the games before I buy them. Instead of me going out and buying a game and being out $60. Get to try out NHL, FIFA and even Golf, may even buy that depending if I like what I play.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #80
Pro

Quote:
Actually I have. Many many projects in the tens of millions of dollars. If you want to continue to argue that your hypotheseis is somehow to be taken strictly as fact, enjoy. You'll be arguing alone.
Because when I say it "likely didn't generate profit" that suggests I'm making claims that are facts? Should we define the word "likely" ?

Dear lord, 63,000 posts here and you fail to comprehend logical and experienced suggestion over claiming facts? I'd rather you left me alone if that's what you think you're reading. Good grief son. Please leave me alone.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »