Home

EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 11:35 PM   #105
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Where did I say EA made a profit? I merely intimated they didn't spend much on marketing.
No, that would be when I said I was speaking to someone else who made that claim, before you interjected into the conversation thinking it was all about you and what you thought.

Excuse me while I get off my high horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Except salary doesn't work that way. It would be impossible for me to tell you how much of my salary was devoted to a particular project in any given cycle, because I'm working on several things every day. That's kind of the point of salary--that you're there for whatever comes up, so your cost to the company is static instead of variable.
LOL. I suppose Time Management solutions don't exist in the real world. Nobody in the entire IT world has ever filled out a timesheet before.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 11:37 PM   #106
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
If someone on salary spends part of that salaried time on a project, then part of their salary is part of the project cost! I mean, ...the heck?
I really have a hard time understanding what you're saying, so let me make this simple:

Game Devs get a set salary. Let's say they get $50k a year. It doesn't what they do, they get paid that much money. There could be a major break, or they could be working their asses off. Doesn't matter, they get $50k. So, even if they work on the EA Season Pass they get paid their salary. Where are you getting this idea that part of the salary is put against the EA Pass? That makes little sense.

Anyway, that's what I've gotten with my highschool careers class research lol.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:37 PM   #107
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
No, that would be when I said I was speaking to someone else who made that claim, before you interjected into the conversation thinking it was all about you and what you thought.

Excuse me while I get off my high horse.

LOL. I suppose Time Management solutions don't exist in the real world. Nobody in the entire IT world has ever filled out a timesheet before.

Way to sidestep
Old 08-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #108
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Alright, that's enough of this.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »