Home

EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 06:37 AM   #33
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports' Season Ticket Hears Crickets on Debut Day (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyDynasty5
This another EA screwjob! Like an idiot I paid the $25 and even though I have a great internet connection the game has been downloading for almost 4 hours and is only 23% done. At this rate I might get to play 2-3 games before monday. By comparison Red Dead Redemption downloaded in roughly 40 mins on my connection. How many times does EA get to screw me over before I wise up??? GOD I pray they lose their exclusive rights someday.
Well you need to check something then, because I was able to download the game within 40/45 mins. it just feels like you are reaching for way to bash EA here........
Old 08-27-2011, 07:45 AM   #34
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Its hard to think 5000 people is a disappointment. I think it's pretty good. I mean that's extra money they didn't have and this is just the first year

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-27-2011, 07:55 AM   #35
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Well you need to check something then, because I was able to download the game within 40/45 mins. it just feels like you are reaching for way to bash EA here........
It was, he was trying to bash them for exclusive rights when EA Season Ticket is just releasing early games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #36
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I think EA learned a lesson here. We don't want to pay extra for 3 days extra to play the game. Make it better and let us pay $25 to get the actual game disk early or give us 5 days early or let me pay alacarte I dont usually buy Tiger Woods, or FIFA yearly so there is no value offering me those games early as I am 95% sure I will not buy them this year and 100% I won't buy them new.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:02 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 0
I paid it but here are my reasons:
1. $5 per game for early access: not bad
2. Not sure if I'm going to buy Tiger, NHL or FIFA; now I have full access to the game to decide.
3. Beats the cost of renting these games instead.
4. Get to play NCAA and Madden early.

overall not bad.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #38
Pro

I've heard a lot about sharing accounts and using this on 5 consoles so far, about to organize a group and try it myself.

Anyone else here gone that route successfully?
Old 08-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Here's the funny part: This whole Season Ticket scheme could end up costing EA money because many people who ordinarily would have bought it are reconsidering after trying it out and they're convincing others to do likewise.
Not really. Even if people decide not to buy Madden EA will still have collected $25. Keep in mind that there will be those who may not have bought the game based solely pn the demo but may after playing the full release. I think Madden is excellent.

And keep in mind the subscription covers other games outside of Madden which is why I purchased it.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
Not really. Even if people decide not to buy Madden EA will still have collected $25. Keep in mind that there will be those who may not have bought the game based solely pn the demo but may after playing the full release. I think Madden is excellent.

And keep in mind the subscription covers other games outside of Madden which is why I purchased it.
Agreed. Madden is way too much fun for me. I'm really concerned about my social life now....lol. The broadcast cameras and presentation leave me speechless.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »