Home

How can the game be so differnt offline vs online??

This is a discussion on How can the game be so differnt offline vs online?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #9
Banned

gmcrb28's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: How can the game be so differnt offline vs online??

Thought I was the only person experiencing this... I'm thinking it has a great deal to do with finding people that have the season ticket vs. people with the actual disc. Becuz people with season ticket cant play people with the actual disc and vice versa
Old 08-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #10
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

No me and my boy both have season ticket and it plays horrid. Ncaa we have no problems at all. This needs to be fixed badly. I had this same problem with madden 11. They have done something with their online play the last 2 years where it just bogs down the framerate and kills the game versus some people. I dont know how they could fix it. Its a shame.

I guess I go another year without Madden since the online is whacked out.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:28 PM   #11
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
No me and my boy both have season ticket and it plays horrid. Ncaa we have no problems at all. This needs to be fixed badly. I had this same problem with madden 11. They have done something with their online play the last 2 years where it just bogs down the framerate and kills the game versus some people. I dont know how they could fix it. Its a shame.

I guess I go another year without Madden since the online is whacked out.
Give it another spin in about two weeks. They can iron this out, so give them a chance.

Heck, for all we know they haven't opened up all their server capacity yet since, TECHNICALLY, only the Early Release people are supposed to be playing (and they should have expected relatively low numbers).

I bet things jump up on Tuesday as far as online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #12
MVP

sooner1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
Give it another spin in about two weeks. They can iron this out, so give them a chance.

Heck, for all we know they haven't opened up all their server capacity yet since, TECHNICALLY, only the Early Release people are supposed to be playing (and they should have expected relatively low numbers).

I bet things jump up on Tuesday as far as online play.
It wont, it was the same way last year.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:21 PM   #13
MVP

sooner1's Arena

last night about half the games ran smooth.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:18 AM   #14
MVP

sooner1's Arena

The retail version same thing. Some people you play and the game is in slow down mode.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 3

C'mon folks this is EA we are talking about here. It usually takes WEEKS to iron out the online kinks when it comes to EA's games.
When I first purchased Battlefield Bad Company2 (phenomenal game). For THREE solid weeks I could only stay in a game online for a max of 5 min. There were a handful of times when I went for 10 minutes and then got booted out to the games front end. But I enjoyed the game so much I still dealt with it and leveled up ALOT even though I could only play 5 min at a time...REALLY RIDICULOUS but I couldnt stop playing it it was so much fun.
Then right at the 3 week mark everything came together. Its just the nature of how EA does things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #16
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Agreed. The game seems to be on Slow settings for Play Now Ranked games. I hope EA utilizes the tuner feature and hope its not just window dressing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »