Home

Madden 12 Superstar Mode - EA Needs To See This

This is a discussion on Madden 12 Superstar Mode - EA Needs To See This within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2011, 02:52 AM   #1
Rookie
 
maccerbiggie's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Feb 2009
Madden 12 Superstar Mode - EA Needs To See This

I will start off this discussion by referring to NBA 2K12, My Player mode.

For anyone who has played NBA 2K12, will surely know all about the depth and immersion that 'My Player' has to offer. NBA 2K12 has managed to offer a great game mode, starting from the build up to the draft, the draft itself, training camp, and then fighting for a starting role once the season begins. I'm not even a big basketball guy, but I can play this mode for hours upon end, despite having to play a full 82 game season.

Now, jump over to Madden. Being a TRUE football fan, I would like to think I could also play Superstar mode for hours. However it's sad to say that I just can't. And there is one reason why.

Automatically being assigned as the starter after being drafted.

Thats not even the beginning of it. However, I want to focus solely on this. This is the ONE reason, I despise this mode. If Superstar mode, allowed you to be placed bottom, or 2nd, or wherever on the depth chart based on your ratings compared to the rest of your team mates, this mode would jump up a whole new level. Even if just for this year, it was implemented to accompany the new XP system, Superstar mode would improve vastly. The whole idea for being an NFL player is either to -

A) Jump straight into the starting role, for a desperate team in the need for filling a big positional hole

B) Fighting your way to the top of the depth chart after grueling training camp days, and proving your'e worth the nod come gameday

I don't know how hard this stuff is to programme, but I would like to think EA could consider some sort of patch (would be a large one I suppose) that would allow players to be assigned to the right position on the depth chart, based on their ratings. Surely that isn't too drastic to achieve? Then, via XP upgrading, when you are rated the best player in that position, you get the start. Obviously, more depth would greatly appreciated, but in terms of a patch, that isn't too hard right? I don't know. Maybe I am under estimating it.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you would like to see the same thing happen.
maccerbiggie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 03:17 AM   #2
All Star
 
ggsimmonds's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Madden 12 Superstar Mode - EA Needs To See This

I agree, but what makes the mode unplayable for me right now is the inability (from what I can tell) to change quarter length. With 5 minute quarters you basically get 3 drives and that is it. Games take roughly 10 minutes to complete. That just does not work.
ggsimmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
Rookie
 
Chibears12's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Madden 12 Superstar Mode - EA Needs To See This

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I agree, but what makes the mode unplayable for me right now is the inability (from what I can tell) to change quarter length. With 5 minute quarters you basically get 3 drives and that is it. Games take roughly 10 minutes to complete. That just does not work.
you can actually adjust length in the main menu and it will be used in superstar mode
Chibears12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:29 AM   #4
All Star
 
ggsimmonds's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Madden 12 Superstar Mode - EA Needs To See This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibears12
you can actually adjust length in the main menu and it will be used in superstar mode
pffft I actually thought it might be like that. Wasn't that how myplayer in NBA 2k initially was? Okay so I am an idiot.
ggsimmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:32 AM   #5
Rookie
 
Chibears12's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Madden 12 Superstar Mode - EA Needs To See This

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccerbiggie
I will start off this discussion by referring to NBA 2K12, My Player mode.

For anyone who has played NBA 2K12, will surely know all about the depth and immersion that 'My Player' has to offer. NBA 2K12 has managed to offer a great game mode, starting from the build up to the draft, the draft itself, training camp, and then fighting for a starting role once the season begins. I'm not even a big basketball guy, but I can play this mode for hours upon end, despite having to play a full 82 game season.

Now, jump over to Madden. Being a TRUE football fan, I would like to think I could also play Superstar mode for hours. However it's sad to say that I just can't. And there is one reason why.

Automatically being assigned as the starter after being drafted.

Thats not even the beginning of it. However, I want to focus solely on this. This is the ONE reason, I despise this mode. If Superstar mode, allowed you to be placed bottom, or 2nd, or wherever on the depth chart based on your ratings compared to the rest of your team mates, this mode would jump up a whole new level. Even if just for this year, it was implemented to accompany the new XP system, Superstar mode would improve vastly. The whole idea for being an NFL player is either to -

A) Jump straight into the starting role, for a desperate team in the need for filling a big positional hole

B) Fighting your way to the top of the depth chart after grueling training camp days, and proving your'e worth the nod come gameday

I don't know how hard this stuff is to programme, but I would like to think EA could consider some sort of patch (would be a large one I suppose) that would allow players to be assigned to the right position on the depth chart, based on their ratings. Surely that isn't too drastic to achieve? Then, via XP upgrading, when you are rated the best player in that position, you get the start. Obviously, more depth would greatly appreciated, but in terms of a patch, that isn't too hard right? I don't know. Maybe I am under estimating it.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you would like to see the same thing happen.
i agree it takes the feeling of being a nfl player away, that is why i stay away from it. Also i am certain that there will not be a patch for that just because the mode to me has been the same with the exception of this year for years but who knows, i could be wrong.
Chibears12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 03:34 AM   #6
Rookie
 
Chibears12's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Madden 12 Superstar Mode - EA Needs To See This

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
pffft I actually thought it might be like that. Wasn't that how myplayer in NBA 2k initially was? Okay so I am an idiot.
in 2k11 you can actually adjust the length, diff., etc. within the mode.
Chibears12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #7
MVP
 
TMJOHNS18's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: May 2011
Re: Madden 12 Superstar Mode - EA Needs To See This

The thing about the Superstar mode and starting day 1 only makes sense for Qb's. Granted, majority of qb's drafted have to sit years before playing, but any other position can actually get a few downs to play in if they are 2nd string or lower yet a Qb won't unless #1 is hurt or the game is a blow out.

Plus, who wants to get drafted by Green Bay and just be able to practice and spend your entire rookie contract on the bench? Would be nice though if EA made Superstar a little of a "story" mode (like in the new fight night) and maybe if your are the #2 string QB the first could get knocked out of the game, then you can step up and make a good showing and possibly have teams interested in you the following offseason.

Then again, it's easier for EA just to make you #1 and call it a day.
__________________
We Still Luv Ya Blue!
Houston Oilers Expansion Dynasty
TMJOHNS18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Top -