Home

Space limitations on disc?

This is a discussion on Space limitations on disc? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #9
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Space limitations on disc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearClaw
That's an interesting theory but I get the feeling "Dynamic Commentary" will be a back-of-the-box feature next year.
You say that like it would be a bad thing. I would love to see dynamic commentary, honestly it's one of the main key ingredients left that's missing. We already know they are giving us a new commentary engine next year with the FIFA engine being implemented, so dynamic commentary would be great. The more immersed we can be into a game the better and as long as they keep on making key improvements to gameplay, franchise(offline & online), and superstar modes, what else matters?
Old 08-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #10
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisedjase
no each year dev team says they have disc space just not enough ram to do something but disc space anit a problem
I think some people forget that these consoles have very small amount of RAM by modern day standards. I mean I have 6GB of triple port RAM and 4 core processor with 4 extra Hyper Threading cores. There are already 6 core processors out as well. The 360 has 3 cores and only 512 meg of shared video system ram. The PS3 has more cores but at a much lower speed and only 256 meg of system ram and I think 256 meg of video.

Ya you can put a ton more commentary and have it all on disk but you know how choppy that would be? The game can only cache so much in ram so if it had to read the disk everytime to load up commentary it would be really choppy and sound even worse than it does now.

Lets face it we need new consoles and I think its really lame that both Sony and MS have decided to push these current ones as far out as they have. My PC hardware was already better than the 360 or PS3 within months after they came out.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
Are gamers with the disc version seeing the same problems as those with the downloaded Season Ticket version? I'm only wondering, because there could have been a few files removed in the downloadable version for space reasons that may only be there on disc. I'm pretty sure it's the same way with other downloadable PSN titles like Burnout: Paradise, which I also have. Just a theory, though.
I was wondering the exact same thing. When everyone started getting their early copies on Thursday the overwhelming imppresion I got was "wow, it feels like an entire different game than the demo".....its soooo much smoother...etc. That got my hopes WAY up.
Low and behold I downloaded the season pass early release and I seem to have the same problems the demo had:
The ball warping throught the QBs hands before release
Big framerate dip during cutscenes
JErky animations.

I think maybe (hopefully) the season pass version is missing some files.....but the reviews are saying otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0M0mentum09
Absolutely not, the 360's new disc format just released months ago holds up to 7.8 gigs. . . Madden 12 is strangely a mere 4.75 GB's
Only 7.8? A dual sided DVD can hold 9+ gigs.
What did the update do, shrink the size?
Old 08-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmy
Only 7.8? A dual sided DVD can hold 9+ gigs.
What did the update do, shrink the size?
Dual Layer DVDs hold 8.5 gigs, the new disc format update removed a 1GB security feature from xbox 360 games giving devs more room on the disc. First game with it will be Gears 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »