Home

Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet?

This is a discussion on Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Pretty much. They say if you like the game your expectations are low or you aren't someone who is as much of a gamer.
No, the entire purpose of the thread was to call out those that have issues. And that if you have issues, then your expectations are unreasonably high. And they used less flattering lingo. That's what I reacted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I only said some gamers feel if the game isn't to thier liking thay they are owed something (from the developers)
In what was basically a call out thread against anyone with issues, the stuff in bold has some implications. Maybe I over-reacted to you, but my message was really for the flavor and direction of the thread. And I ask you, why then, are you not commenting on those being critical of posters that have some reasonable issues with the past Madden games and some things they see in 12?
Old 08-27-2011, 05:14 PM   #74
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0

For those saying that some of our expecations are too high, I must ask. We played better Madden games than this one six years ago, for systems that had lower capabilities than these do.

Is it really to much to expect that they can make a better football game than the one they made in 2005 or 2006? I don't think it is. I can't justify dropping money, especially 60 bucks on something that has glaring issues.

I'm one of those people who can't just sit back and enjoy the game for what it is. Having it be fun, and having it be technically sound are one in the same for me.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw2010
Oh yes it does....the simpler message is to be thankful for what you have....and to remember where you came from. Just saying...if you grew up in the 70's and 80's you should appreciate the games now and the advancements that have been made.
And I say, compared to the advancements that other games have already made, and advancements that this game had 7 years ago? It's not unreasonable to have higher expectations than to just accept what it currently is. And those that do have those reasonable higher expectations should not be called names or called out. If you are fine with madden as is, that's fine with me. But don't talk down to others that expect more, especially when there expectations are reasonable.

It's like, you want nobody to comment negatively on your posts, while some of your posts unfairly blasts others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #76
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod
For those saying that some of our expecations are too high, I must ask. We played better Madden games than this one six years ago, for systems that had lower capabilities than these do.

Is it really to much to expect that they can make a better football game than the one they made in 2005 or 2006? I don't think it is. I can't justify dropping money, especially 60 bucks on something that has glaring issues.

I'm one of those people who can't just sit back and enjoy the game for what it is. Having it be fun, and having it be technically sound are one in the same for me.
I dont agree with that. I played Madden every year and graphically and AI wise last gen doesn't compare. Add in all the improvements to franchise and things like game plans (if they work) and custom play books and you can't compare it. I played Madden in 2005 and 2006 and that had as many bugs as 2012 had.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 8

Bucky...this thread is not a call out for those with issue...I logged in and the first 10 threads were about supposed issues with the game.....I was just thinking after that .....maybe I am the crazy one because I like the game alot...but reading all of this negativity, I was wondering if I was the only one. Some people have legit issues...some not so much.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
And I say, compared to the advancements that other games have already made, and advancements that this game had 7 years ago? It's not unreasonable to have higher expectations than to just accept what it currently is. And those that do have those reasonable higher expectations should not be called names or called out. If you are fine with madden as is, that's fine with me. But don't talk down to others that expect more, especially when there expectations are reasonable.

It's like, you want nobody to comment negatively on your posts, while some of your posts unfairly blasts others.
And I guess you enjoyed the jetpacking WR's in 2005 or the 2004 version that Plaxico Burress was IMPOSSIBLE TO STOP?

Play 2006 Madden and then come back and tell me how 2012 Madden is not light years ahead....worst Madden years ever for me were from 2006-2009..virtually unplayable crap...I use them for coasters today.

I thought they were so bad, I played all of those years on PC and PS2...because those next generation game sucked badly.

Last edited by robertw2010; 08-27-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #79
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod

This years Madden is better than any Madden that has come out prior. I didn't even like most of them this gen, but this one takes the cake. This one destroys 06 on all fronts. No owners mode? No problem. Franchise mode is actually pretty awesome. Presentation is better, animations are better, graphics are better, and gameplay destroys the old PS2 renditions.

Heck, this game plays better than NFL 2K5, in my opinion, which I would say was the best football game I've ever played until I got Madden 12.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #80
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont agree with that. I played Madden every year and graphically and AI wise last gen doesn't compare. Add in all the improvements to franchise and things like game plans (if they work) and custom play books and you can't compare it. I played Madden in 2005 and 2006 and that had as many bugs as 2012 had.
Well, you're talking to the wrong person about custom playbooks and gameplans. I have no use for either of those things and won't use them.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »