Home

Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet?

This is a discussion on Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod
Well would you agree that pass rushing ratings and blocking ratings mean almost nothing? I mean, I really don't know how the game decides who wins a head to head battle on the line. Doesn't really matter anyway since every player has the exact same moves, and they all stink.
I really wasnt going to post here but oh well...

Have you actually played the retail version or are you just going by previous games or someone elses opinion?
Old 08-27-2011, 05:59 PM   #90
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
I disagree. Madden 11 took a lot of heat on forums and on youtube for "bowling pin" tackles and the decision to ignore offline franchise mode. The complaining is want got EA to concentrate on these areas.

Now there are things EA chooses not to fix because they fear fixing them would cause a bigger backlash. PI wont get fixed because it would get called most every play. Zig/zag running won't get fixed because they fear taking heat when gamers say the controls aren't responsive enough. That's for another discussion all together imo.
I disagree. EA planned to address franchise in 12 even before Madden 11 was released. It wasn't heat that made them make these addition. This was planned all along. Next year commentary will be fixed and that won't be a result of the bad press or heat. EA talked about addressing in 13 two months ago.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #91
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellamoaaron
Madden 12 for me, made pretty big strides from Madden 11.
This is good to hear.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #92
Rookie

justtxyank's Arena

OVR: 1

Man, I've played more games now, and aside from the commentary this game is really good. I don't know if there are any major glitches yet, but I am thoroughly enjoying franchise mode. If they could just have good commentary I would be in love with this game.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #93
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I disagree. EA planned to address franchise in 12 even before Madden 11 was released. It wasn't heat that made them make these addition. This was planned all along. Next year commentary will be fixed and that won't be a result of the bad press or heat. EA talked about addressing in 13 two months ago.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 1

So what happens after next year when the next gen consoles get close are they going to get it right sooner rather then later like this gen I hope so.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #95
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I really wasnt going to post here but oh well...

Have you actually played the retail version or are you just going by previous games or someone elses opinion?
No, I haven't. I don't need to to know that O-line/D-line interactions haven't changed and weight and skills aren't properly measured. Same story different year. 2 weeks from now, there will be several people complaining about just the things I'm talking about, and there will be videos on youtube talking about how the devs got it wrong yet again in several key areas.

Hell, just read the thread about how DE's can't generate a pass rush and there are multiple DT's getting double digit sacks and having 5 sacks in one game. Simply not close to accurate. Linemen still relinquish their blocks at the most inopportune times. There are things that clearly aren't ever going to change this gen.

You can call me out for being overly critical of a game that I haven't played the full version of, but I will bet my house that I'll be proven right about everything I'm saying. EA is pretty transparent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #96
Far from perfect

The Bimmer's Arena

OVR: 16

Looking forward to Tues. I am one of the small % that really liked the demo, so the full version I cant wait to play.

As far as the all the negative stuff goes, well...... thats just the way it is, I just picture this commercial and substitute Madden for the word yellow and more realism for the word self confidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaFy0x_Uixo
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »