Home

Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet?

This is a discussion on Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #41
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Wow...is anyone having fun with this yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw2010
I got the game a week early, playing the game in franchise mode...Loving it!!!!

I come in here and read all the negative stuff and the little irritations and how people are making such a huge deal...all I can say is WOW....

I guess I need to stop visiting as this forum right now is as depressing as watching the evening news.

The game is not perfect nor will it ever be.....I am enjoying it and not going to worry about every little issue...

Have fun guys and enjoy the game for what it is....

I guess now I need to prepare to because the sky is not falling Chicken Little!!!!!
There is a poll in the top right of the forum and 66% of respondents think that the game is either good or great. So it's safe to assume that people ARE having fun with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
If the game is fun, I'll play it. I am still playing this game.
because of the NCAA 12 fiasco i got cold feet and haven't even opened Madden 12 yet

I'm hoping to resist for about a week until i see more feedback on gameplay and stuff

usually bugs and glitches are found about 1-2 weeks after release...is everything so far so good in your opinion on that end?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #43
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with that skillz poster, positive OR negative personal opinions should be kept to the impressions thread.

On a broader note, I can't help but wonder about the age of most of the people who actually find this game, and other mediocre contemporary games, "great". I guess it's all relative - if you can't personally remember when there was football game competition, or when many of the features that are mysteriously absent from NCAA and Madden '12 were actually included in games, then by comparison Madden '12 must look like the coolest game in the world.

There is also a larger loop of crappiness in the gaming world: the more mediocre, uninspired, half completed games that are made, the more that becomes an acceptable state to release a game in. People may spend their entire "gaming lives" playing poorly developed games...and that happens to make the next poorly developed game all the more easy to buy for them. Anyone who actually remembers older days when companies tried to make games (not just sports games) that were thoughtful, revolutionary, or bold is "expecting too much."

When you've seen games, past and present, successfully do many of the things that EA Tiburon refuses to do, it's not "expecting too much". It's called wisely spending your dollars elsewhere, and hoping that someday another company gets the NFL license.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #44
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm 45..came from handhelds then Atari etc..
We've come a long way and yes they game is damn fun. Age isn't the issue. It's the misery loves company and look at me , instant gratification people that can never be happy about a GAME that's the issue.

Most gamers can see issues, point them out...then play the game and have fun. Others think they are owed something and issues are made out as game killers or "broken game" items.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 08-27-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 2

Madden Sucks. Graphics look like ***. Second Year in a row I will be
sticking with NCAA and NOT buying Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertw2010
"The people who are being critical just have actual expectations. Sadly, some of them will still buy the game. "

Maybe just Maybe some people need to LOWER thier expectations to some level of reality...its still just a game and will NEVER meet everyones expectations.....

I am standing over here for
Or maybe people should not be criticized for having realistic expectations on the developer improving the game. I'd rather if I didn't have to have such low expectations.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #47
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
We've come a long way and yes they game is damn fun. Age isn't the issue. It's the misery loves company and look at me , instant gratification people that can never be happy about a GAME that's the issue.

Most gamers can see issues, point them out...then play the game and have fun. Others think they are owed something and issues are made out as game killers or "broken game" items.
I am 39 and I agree as I grew up with Atari, colecovision, intellivision etc. I don't think people know how lucky they are to have these high quality games compared what we grew up with. I am sure their were major bugs in those era of games but that didn't kill my enjoyment of them. If it's not one thing it's another to complain about I guess nowadays. I have my share of complaints in today's games like others but nothing that stops me from playing and thinking it's the end of the world.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:19 PM   #48
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer

I agree. I've been playing football games since Madden 94. I've played QB Club, I've played Sega Sports NFL 94, I've played Madden 98 on N64, NFL Gameday 98, NFL 2K5, NCAA 03, 04, 05 you know what I'm saying. I've played just about everything from every company. Madden, for the most part, gets the fundamentals right. I've played APF which was a decent game, and had many of the things some people have been asking for like the head tracking and WR/DB interactions yet it wasn't that great of a game because so many other parts of the game were broken. Heck, I loved NFL 2K5, but that game had many messed up gameplay dynamics.

That said, no game is perfect. I haven't been a huge fan of the Madden's this gen just because I thought some of the earlier games were a little arcadey, but Madden 12 is a whole different beast. I'm truly in love with this game. Finally a Madden game that is challenging and uses football logic to beat you, for the most part. The teams play like how they should. Running teams run, passing teams pass (and pass how they would), star players dominate in the clutch, and when you adjust the speed threshold the flow of the game is really natural. The tackling is top-notch too, most tackles feel different and they have weight to them, and the margin of error makes tackling that more important and not a sidenote like how it was in the past. I do get irritated about some of the glitches, but they're not anything to kill my enjoyment, especially since they aren't gameplay glitches.

For year 1 of the new 3 year cycle under this new team, I've extremely excited.

I think my only gripe about some people on this board is that there are people who say they haven't played a Madden game since 06 or 08 who are in just about every thread complaining about how EA doesn't deserve there money and that they're never buying a Madden product again and what-not. There are alternatives, you know. Backbreaker, NFL 2K5, etc. Focus your time on enjoying those games, as you can see with Madden 12 change is coming and it's coming for the better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »