Home

With the 70 man preseason roster, will 2011 opening day rosters be messed up?

This is a discussion on With the 70 man preseason roster, will 2011 opening day rosters be messed up? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
With the 70 man preseason roster, will 2011 opening day rosters be messed up?

So I think we're all excited about the expanded rosters, but I'm wondering what will happen in year 1.

A lot of us wait until the season starts to start our franchise. So we will download the opening day rosters, but what will happen when we start our franchise?

After downloading our 55 man roster, will we then have 15 more guys randomly added to training camp? Will the CPU team make different cuts than happen in real life?

If we want to start our franchise with real life rosters, is it going to be messed up because we have to go through the preseason and CPU decisions may change the rosters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: With the 70 man preseason roster, will 2011 opening day rosters be messed up?

I'm pretty sure the release day roster update will still have 75 of the players in camp for each team so you can do cut days.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Re: With the 70 man preseason roster, will 2011 opening day rosters be messed up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFitsDaveyJ
I'm pretty sure the release day roster update will still have 75 of the players in camp for each team so you can do cut days.
So yeah, even if they have the real 70 guys, you would still have to control all 32 teams to make sure the proper guys are cut.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
Rookie

PLACT15's Arena

OVR: 0

You could go through and sign all the players back to their camp teams before your dynasty
Old 08-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #5

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
So yeah, even if they have the real 70 guys, you would still have to control all 32 teams to make sure the proper guys are cut.

I would imagine that for online purposes there will be an accurate week 1 release of the rosters.

If you start earlier though you will have to make the accurate cuts yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLACT15
You could go through and sign all the players back to their camp teams before your dynasty

Which is why I wasn't thrilled with the 75 man roster. REally, you're going to get 20 extra crappy guys that are automatic cuts. It may be a little more relevant by the 2nd year of the chise but I could do without this...especially if I'm going to have control 32 teams and either not cut guys or resign guys...that's pretty annoying. I know a lot of people wanted this...but I wasn't one of them. I'd have preferred the taxi squad.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 08-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLACT15
The 70 man roster is attached to the dynasty. So once the dynasty starts, you go to preseason. After preseason, all teams make cuts. Either way, all 32 teams will need to be controlled to make sure the real opening day roster is accurate (if that's what you want).
Old 08-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #8
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I would imagine that for online purposes there will be an accurate week 1 release of the rosters.

If you start earlier though you will have to make the accurate cuts yourself.

Right, so there is an accurate week 1 roster, I download this and start my dynasty. Well the accurate week 1 rosters consists of about 55 guys. It's already been stated that year 1 of franchise has a 70 man roster for preseason and 75 man roster in year 2 and beyond.

So again, my question is this:

Who makes up the other 15 or so preseason players?

Will some of these 15 players "make the team" when the CPU is making decisions? If so, we're not really playing with accurate opening day rosters in our franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »