Home

NCAA RTG Importing Player Issues?

This is a discussion on NCAA RTG Importing Player Issues? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA RTG Importing Player Issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I got a question
Is DPP in RTG?
If DPP is in RTG, than I wouldnt mind starting with a 60-68 than
DPP is in the SS mode games.

After spending more time playing today. I have to say I now prefer importing a player rather than creating. You get better ratings for starters. The OVR is random but you can find a decent 80 to 90. I managed to get a 90 OVR.

If you get drafted by a team you do not care to be on. Simulate the preseason then request a trade. Doing so, you can pick any team you want. From what I can tell it doesn't trade anyone. I was drafted by the Cowboys and requested a trade to the Panthers. No one from the Panthers were traded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 03:37 PM   #26
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

Sounds like SS mode isn't working as intended or as advertised. sigh...

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 08-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac7
DPP is in the SS mode games.

After spending more time playing today. I have to say I now prefer importing a player rather than creating. You get better ratings for starters. The OVR is random but you can find a decent 80 to 90. I managed to get a 90 OVR.

If you get drafted by a team you do not care to be on. Simulate the preseason then request a trade. Doing so, you can pick any team you want. From what I can tell it doesn't trade anyone. I was drafted by the Cowboys and requested a trade to the Panthers. No one from the Panthers were traded.
So, will you player ratings sway like other in Franchise?
Thats is why I wanted to import. Even if you come in under 80, You ratings will be similar to a starting player.
I am really not sure whether I want to create a QB or import my RTG QB. I plan on going to Redskins, so overall isnt that important because I willl be as good as the starter at 65+. But, it will take a long time to get my QB ratings where I want them. If I import, my ratings will be where I would be a good fit for Washington and I dont care about Traits or #(good chance that I get #7). But, I dont have the chance of having a fast QB Release. I really got to think about it.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
So, will you player ratings sway like other in Franchise?
Thats is why I wanted to import. Even if you come in under 80, You ratings will be similar to a starting player.
I am really not sure whether I want to create a QB or import my RTG QB. I plan on going to Redskins, so overall isnt that important because I willl be as good as the starter at 65+. But, it will take a long time to get my QB ratings where I want them. If I import, my ratings will be where I would be a good fit for Washington and I dont care about Traits or #(good chance that I get #7). But, I dont have the chance of having a fast QB Release. I really got to think about it.
I prefer importing now. It's better but its terribly easy to get a better rating. It seems the DPP doesn't have any effect from week to week. There are quite a few more issues I have uncovered.

The one that is bothering me most right now is when your contract is up there is no off season since the game just simulates the off season. You do not get an option to become a free agent. The game just resigns you automatically.

So to sum it up.
Auto-starter despite OVR

Traits do not adjust.

DPP doesn't seem to have an effect.

No free agency option.

No draft.

Far too easy to level up. You will be a 99 OVR by the end of your rookie season.

There is no NFL News or anything to let you know who won what awards or even who wins the Super Bowl if your team doesnt. Outside of your team it's as though there is no NFL. Which is a huge let down.

These are the ones I have noticed so far.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:39 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac7
I prefer importing now. It's better but its terribly easy to get a better rating. It seems the DPP doesn't have any effect from week to week. There are quite a few more issues I have uncovered.

The one that is bothering me most right now is when your contract is up there is no off season since the game just simulates the off season. You do not get an option to become a free agent. The game just resigns you automatically.

So to sum it up.
Auto-starter despite OVR

Traits do not adjust.

DPP doesn't seem to have an effect.

No free agency option.

No draft.

Far too easy to level up. You will be a 99 OVR by the end of your rookie season.

There is no NFL News or anything to let you know who won what awards or even who wins the Super Bowl if your team doesnt. Outside of your team it's as though there is no NFL. Which is a huge let down.

These are the ones I have noticed so far.
WHat I expected. Superstar is FAR AWAY from being a great BAP like RTTS and My Player.
I am not disappointed because I didnt have good expectations for SS.
I can put up with it being easy to progress because RTG is way too quick. It is quick to become starter in RTG so I can deal with being Auto-Starter.I think RTTS has one of the best progression/XP systems for a BAP mode. It takes a long time to be at the level of a All star, especially if you dont purchase points.
Only Trait I am concerned with is Clutch and Drop Open Passes. Most Traits wont matter if you are controlling player.
The things I dont like is No Free Agency, DPP, and It is just only about your team. Unless you request trade, you are stuck with the team the selects you. I want DPP to make a difference. If I am a good QB, I want my WRs to get better. Really disappointed that there is no way to really find out whats happening in NFL. I would like to know who I am competing with in Awards or just how other players are doing.
If this was the only mode I played, then I would just rent Madden. But since I play Franchise, I am good. I will use Superstar as a change of pace mode. I like to keep things fresh and not just play one thing.
I think it will take at least 2 more years for SS to be on the level of other BAP modes. It has so much potential, but it doesnt seem like SS is a priority to Madden. If it was a priority like RTTS and NBA 2K MP, than SS would be so good.

Last edited by illwill10; 08-29-2011 at 12:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »