Home

Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #17
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Franchise Mode

So far I have played all my preseason games (first time in a long while), cut players, scouted college players and played three games. I agree with a lot of what these guys have said. I am pretty happy right now with franchise mode and I think with a little help via a patch or tuner it might be even better. With that said the User interface is not very good and it makes doing little things annoying

For example..To have just the next opponent as the main screen is annoying. Every time you go into the franchise menu you have to hit Y. All of this information should be on the main screen. Plus when you exit out of Stats (an example), it doesn't bring you back to the franchise screen, but back to the next opponent screen..To me that is a little annoying. So far that is my main gripe with franchise mode...
Old 08-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It seems like everything I read about Madden 12 is conflicting. One place says everything is great and its the best Madden ever while another says it's the same old Madden and everything is a disappointment. The general feel I've gotten from the gameplay and franchise article is that OS is severely disappointed. Can't wait to get my hands on it so I can make my own judgements.
I'm with you dude, I think I might hold off for another couple of weeks till more revelations come to light.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1
Has the wrong CBA. This franchise mode is useless.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

This is the greatest football game me and all of my friends have ever played. Franchise mode is deep. Get your notepad out and do it the way all 25 and olders do it.

This site fed the hype for the last 5 years of complete EA football crap. Madden 07- Madden 11 were hot garbage. EA has done the seemingly impossible and made Madden good again.

I highly recommend it. It's right under MLB11 the show in my book.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:29 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9
Im just getting into Madden. I am extremely annoyed with the commentary. It kills the experience. For instance I have heard Calvin Johnson called by is number. Mason Foster called by another name..wtf? It wasn't a problem in 11..does anybody know what the deal is now? Doesn't NCAA announce most names. Even if you make a name change?

Also, has anyone else experienced frame rate drop during pre-game presentation of players coming into the stadium?

The freezing while scrolling through certain teams depth charts in franchise locks the game up (every single time, xbox 360)

The graphics and presentation overall are a nice change, but this game is DEFINITELY in need of being patched to fix these annoying bugs, with these minor faults gone this game has the potential to be amazing. Although do your own research into the game and obviously make your own opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Has anyone tried to upload a draft class from NCAA 12 on to Madden 12??? I tried a few times now and Ugevery time on go to scouting it's not the draft class from NCAA!!! Am I the only one having this problem? Can someone help me out!!!
Old 08-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #23
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Hey, can someone tell me when in franchise you import your NCAA draft class? I want to test mine out.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #24
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

It's completely beyond my understanding how the developers can do such a deep and broad overhaul of a mode like franchise and the reviewers can focus so much on the potentially real but nevertheless trivial things they don't like, in the whole scheme of things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »