Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #169
MVP
 
youALREADYknow's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DC
Posts: 3,633
Re: Draft Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
I want that excel sheet and learn how to use it! Everything can be set to cpu which is nice, so for the team I wanna control/play with(Panthers), I will still do everything I want manually if I choose to. Only thing I miss out on is FA bidding, will have no choice but to let cpu sign FAs for all teams(and they do a god job filling needs btw imo). I can manually resign who I want on the Panthers, while the other 31 teams are auto resigned.

The scouting I dunno if I would scout manually for every team or not, would take forever! But it sounds fun to play GM. I do need to figure out how to create draft boards using that excel sheet tho. And I need to come up with a way to create trades fairly. I'd like for instance to trade draft picks for future ones(ie patriots). So some sort of system to randomize who trades and how.
If I find it then I'll post in a thread and PM you the link.

The best way to do the draft only worked if you had access to the NCAA draft classes before they were saved. There was a formula which ranked players based on their final NCAA ratings, projected NFL position, and their ranking from the scouting report in Madden.

If we could get the draft class creators to publish their entire draft class information from NCAA into Excel, then we could develop an entire scouting system for imported classes outside of the game. Maybe one of the guys from the NCAA forum like PocketScout could help build some software to handle the draft class export.
youALREADYknow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:35 AM   #170
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2011
Re: Draft Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120

As for the draft, you would literally have to create draft boards or something for every team to be fair. And then just draft off your draft board. Would take hours of preperation but could be enjoyable.
I always use drafttek.com online simulator and manually make all the picks from there. You can go into that simulator and input your teams picks (picking from available players after the pick before yours) and it will automatically sim the draft.
ajimithing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:42 AM   #171
Banned
 
Old School SD Fan's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: Draft Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I disagree 100%. Its never happen in the modern NFL to date.

Closest you would get is Matt Millen's WR run and NO ONE, even Millen, thinks he was competent as a GM.

No NFL team would make the move of drafting back to back 1st round QB's if the 1st guy was performing. Another poster said they'd trade down and I agree.
Old School SD Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 04:45 AM   #172
Banned
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 3,972
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Draft Logic

Control all 32 teams during the draft. Thats what i do.
buckeye02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:20 AM   #173
MVP
 
IrishSalsa's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,689
Re: Draft Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
Control all 32 teams during the draft. Thats what i do.

That's what I'm going to do. The only thing you miss out on by controlling all 32 teams is the FA bidding. Other than that, the cpu will do for themselves just fine(except the draft). Anyone have ideas about how to go about making trades in a 32 team franchise? Mainly on draft day...
IrishSalsa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:47 AM   #174
Banned
 
OVR: 31
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Memphis TN
Posts: 3,972
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Draft Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
That's what I'm going to do. The only thing you miss out on by controlling all 32 teams is the FA bidding. Other than that, the cpu will do for themselves just fine(except the draft). Anyone have ideas about how to go about making trades in a 32 team franchise? Mainly on draft day...
I think you can control all 32 teams at any time. If true i would just control all teams just during the draft.
buckeye02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:40 AM   #175
MVP
 
IrishSalsa's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,689
Re: Draft Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
I think you can control all 32 teams at any time. If true i would just control all teams just during the draft.

Nope, I tried that already. I wish!!! You need to seriously read my thread I just created about scouting tips. I believe I found the biggest bug/glitch in the game.
IrishSalsa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #176
Pro
 
parrothead's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Feb 2003
Re: Draft Logic

One trick is to save then sim through free agency and see which teams let people go that they should never let go. Then you can start over at free agency and resign that player so that team doesn't let him go.
Also those priority sliders really used to affect drafting. You can look at the rosters and determine needs for each team, then adjust their priority sliders accordingly. If they have multiple needs put those 2 or 3 positions as higher priority. That way your not actually drafting for that team, just pointing them in the right direction. You might have to do the draft over and over to weed any priority mistakes, but it can be fun....ish.
parrothead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:30 AM.

Top -