Home

Draft Logic

This is a discussion on Draft Logic within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #17
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Draft Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert429
So dumb that people try to defend this. It's a clear sign draft logic isn't fixed. Forget 1st round, or even roty. Cam was the number 1 overall pick. They'd never taker another qb, period.
To be fair, they only gave Cam 22 mil, and if he looks like garbage this year (which is likely), and they finish like 1-15 or 2-14, I'd say it's a led pipe lock that they draft Luck with the first pick and look to cut ties with either Cam or Jimmy or both.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #18
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod
To be fair, they only gave Cam 22 mil, and if he looks like garbage this year (which is likely), and they finish like 1-15 or 2-14, I'd say it's a led pipe lock that they draft Luck with the first pick and look to cut ties with either Cam or Jimmy or both.
That's true, but the new CBA isn't in Madden 12. So the amount of cap taken up by their 3 QB's (Clausen / Newton / Luck) would be ridiculous.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #19
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod
I disagree, NFL front offices (hold for Matt Millen/Detroit Lions years) dont run their teams like a video game. If CAR were in position to draft Luck IRL, theyd trade the pick. No way a team takes a QB in consecutive years @ no 1.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:58 PM   #20
Pro

Simulate the next year and see if they trade one of the two
Old 08-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #21
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

I hardly think that a team taking one of the best prospects to come along in a long time a year after they took someone at his position a clear example of draft logic not being fixed. Not being fixed would be 8-10 QBs going in round one to teams with established QBs.

Cam starts as a 77 and even after a oROtY would go up no higher than 82/83. Luck more than likely projects to come in higher than 82/83. If a team has a chance to draft a better franchise QB I dont care what awards that QB has won that team drafting the better QB is not that much of a problem for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
I disagree, NFL front offices (hold for Matt Millen/Detroit Lions years) dont run their teams like a video game. If CAR were in position to draft Luck IRL, theyd trade the pick. No way a team takes a QB in consecutive years @ no 1.
Depends on how **** of a bust the previous guy was. I think the drfafting of Newton number one was a big mistake, and maybe we won't know about Newton after one year, but I think it'd be a bigger mistake to pass on Luck if they have a shot at him.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #23
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
I hardly think that a team taking one of the best prospects to come along in a long time a year after they took someone at his position a clear example of draft logic not being fixed. Not being fixed would be 8-10 QBs going in round one to teams with established QBs.

Cam starts as a 77 and even after a oROtY would go up no higher than 82/83. Luck more than likely projects to come in higher than 82/83. If a team has a chance to draft a better franchise QB I dont care what awards that QB has won that team drafting the better QB is not that much of a problem for me.
I disagree 100%. Its never happen in the modern NFL to date.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #24
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I disagree 100%. Its never happen in the modern NFL to date.
And I would be willing to bet, dont want to take the time to look it up with UFC 134 starting, that no team has has a offensive rookie of the year and been bad enough for the first overall. So evaluating a video game scenario with real life standards only works if the components are the same. Otherwise you are demanding dynamic thinking from a computer AI.

And now that I did look it up the Broncos took RBs in 2000 and 2002 both of whom were rookies of the year. While not back to back and not QBs its close enough that closing it out completly doesnt really seem reasonable when judging the merits of the game's draft logic.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 08-27-2011 at 08:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »