Home

Old 08-27-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Coach Mode

I prefer to play in coach mode and have my players ratings actually matter, and while I'm still having fun I wish it was a little better....

regardless, my real question is has anyone ever had one of there QBs actually run in coach mode? I play as my panthers and I havent had newton run a single time no matter how much room or time he has....kevin kolb just got done torching me on the ground so I was wondering if the player teams QB just wont scramble...I really dont want to just spectate the games but I also would like to make use of my athletic QB occasionally.

anyone? I could just have bad luck...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Coach Mode

Hey buddy,

No, it's not your bad luck. Coach Mode in EA and 2K Sports is not 100% "coach mode". In the case of Madden, Coach Mode is simply "auto pass," which was not created initially as a means of coaching, but probably a way to helping fledgling Madden gamers have fun without understanding all the dynamics of the ultra-difficult, quarterback position.

Madden has never had a coach mode to my memory that was not effected in some way by the user's controller. Last year, you could player lock and the qb would play just like the cpu. This year, you have to scramble yourself. Sorry, I only play coach as well, however, I'll try NBA 2K's coach mode this year and if it's no good, than I'll go back to playing non-sports games until next year.

TC
Old 08-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

QB's scrambled in Madden 11 when playing Coach Mode so I see no valid reason for that to change this year. Can anyone else confirm/deny this?

I only play Franchise in Coach Mode and this could be enough to make me delay purchasing Madden until a patch resolves this issue.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

might have something to do with his awareness rating being low because he is a rookie?
Old 08-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
Rookie

I dunno....I would think he would force the scramble MORE with low awareness...and of course his trait is tuck and run often...played 2 more games with not a single scramble.

Im pretty sure at this point he just wont do it. Whether he has pressure on him or not, whether he has room or not, he just wont run....a couple times hes started too but then will throw up some wild jump pass right before crossing the line of scrimmage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
QB's scrambled in Madden 11 when playing Coach Mode so I see no valid reason for that to change this year. Can anyone else confirm/deny this?

I only play Franchise in Coach Mode and this could be enough to make me delay purchasing Madden until a patch resolves this issue.
My recollection was my QB wouldn't scramble in coach mode in '11 unless I forced him to. I don't think anything's changed.

I'd love a real coach mode, ala NCAA. The Madden coach mode is that really in name only.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Maizpan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic247
Hey buddy,

No, it's not your bad luck. Coach Mode in EA and 2K Sports is not 100% "coach mode". In the case of Madden, Coach Mode is simply "auto pass," which was not created initially as a means of coaching, but probably a way to helping fledgling Madden gamers have fun without understanding all the dynamics of the ultra-difficult, quarterback position.

Madden has never had a coach mode to my memory that was not effected in some way by the user's controller. Last year, you could player lock and the qb would play just like the cpu. This year, you have to scramble yourself. Sorry, I only play coach as well, however, I'll try NBA 2K's coach mode this year and if it's no good, than I'll go back to playing non-sports games until next year.

TC
Madden 08 on the PC had an actual 100% coach mode. You could make pre snap audibles and movements, but you had no control once the ball was snapped. NCAA 12 also has a true coach mode this year. I will be surprised if this is not in Madden.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #8
Rookie

well....its not....lol

tis a shame, I enjoyed coach mode in NCAA alot, especially being just a coordinator

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »