Home

Request for custom pb's in online chise

This is a discussion on Request for custom pb's in online chise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Request for custom pb's in online chise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
Don't take my opinion as me being happy about custom playbooks not being useable in online franchise. I do agree we should have the option to do it (just as I think the updates made to offline franchise should be in online). If a feature is put into the game, it shouldn't alienate one mode compared to another.

My logic isn't based off the fear of other people's potential actions. My logic is based on the experience of no matter how "sim" you make your league, there are always going to be people who try to ride that line to give themselves a competitive advantage. Just as there is always going to be people who use the cheesiest tactics to win an online ranked game.

The fact of the matter is, for every handful of people who want to use custom playbooks to set up real-to-life offensive and defensive schemes, there is another handful who want to use it to get as many screen/money/overly successful plays in a playbook.

If you could show me one league/franchise not comprised of 32 friends who all have the same viewpoint on sim style gameplay that didn't have to boot at least 2 or 3 people from their league for shady play I will bow down to you. Even when you stress the rules of a league over and over and over there will still be people who don't want to abide by them. Custom playbooks in online franchises would only exacerbate the issue.
again, im looking at this in my own viewpoint, i simply want the OPTION of a highly "touted" feature that i thought was confirmed for OF-

after no improvements at all to OF-leaving out the OPTION of a "new" feature is hard to take, much less another gamer then questioning that...

I WANT CUSTOM pb's as a commish option, im not trying to have a debate on "cheeser" play....

Ive been beating a similiar drum for awhile
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-updates.html

if you would like a debate on cheeser play, an old thread of mine, one of MANY on cheeser play here on OS
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ay-madden.html
Old 08-29-2011, 01:37 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 6

Yea i completely agree with you. Just as when I saw things like DPP and other things that are core changes to the game, I expect them to be in every applicable mode.

Just as I would like a game speed and sliders option in online franchise, I think oversights like this are holding the game back as a whole.

I would also love for there to be an option of viewing other players' custom playbooks (can be used in an online franchise situation to make sure a playbook isn't cheesetastic) and would also be an excellent community option similar to team builder in NCAA.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #19
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

if you have actual sim players in your leagues it not an issue. plus, having a simple commissioner option to allow it will solve any controversy. i wish i knew they were not allowed ahead of time before wasting 5 hours on playbooks i will never use. its almost as if EA went out of their way to piss off every single online franchise player this year...i'll be very surprised if DPP even makes an appearance at this rate.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #20
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Why do people assume that a Custom Playbook will be full of cheese?

Do you not understand that there is enough cheese in every standard playbook to make the gaming experience feel like a chore?

Do you honestly think there is only one cheese play per playbook?

C'mon now.

There is a tonne of cheese in EVERY playbook. Having a Custom Playbook rewards sim players and gives them a fun experience. The benefit of Online Franchise is that you can control who you play and have a democratic system to ensure the fellow players are fair and sim.

People who think Online Franchise is full of cheesers and people looking for exploits don't understand the principle of Online Franchise.

The BEST thing about Online Franchise is playing competitive games against competitive and SIM players. Offline Franchise is ruined by poor CPU AI and gameplans and play now is pointless... The only way to get fair and competitive games, mixed in with team building is online franchise.

There's too much hate within the community for the best thing about Madden and this is reflected by EA's ****ting on the sim Online Franchise players for TWO STRAIGHT YEARS.

I'm still waiting for server side upgrades EA...

To hear Custom Playbooks do not work in Online Franchise is really making me get frustrated.
It's impossible to get my NFL fix without supporting EA and this awful franchise.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

[quote=infemous;2042779422]Why do people assume that a Custom Playbook will be full of cheese?

Do you not understand that there is enough cheese in every standard playbook to make the gaming experience feel like a chore?

Do you honestly think there is only one cheese play per playbook?

C'mon now.

There is a tonne of cheese in EVERY playbook. Having a Custom Playbook rewards sim players and gives them a fun experience. The benefit of Online Franchise is that you can control who you play and have a democratic system to ensure the fellow players are fair and sim.

People who think Online Franchise is full of cheesers and people looking for exploits don't understand the principle of Online Franchise.

The BEST thing about Online Franchise is playing competitive games against competitive and SIM players. Offline Franchise is ruined by poor CPU AI and gameplans and play now is pointless... The only way to get fair and competitive games, mixed in with team building is online franchise.

There's too much hate within the community for the best thing about Madden and this is reflected by EA's ****ting on the sim Online Franchise players for TWO STRAIGHT YEARS.

I'm still waiting for server side upgrades EA...

To hear Custom Playbooks do not work in Online Franchise is really making me get frustrated.
It's impossible to get my NFL fix without supporting EA and this awful franchise.[/QUOTE

agree 100% brother
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »