Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #1569
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Started a one team franchise with the Colts. 7 minute quarters, default all-madden difficulty, with speed threshold on 33 just to open things up slightly. I haven't been able to find a slider set I really like yet,so I'm back on all-madden. I signed about 20 of the released draft picks and traded them back to their teams in exchange for the UDFA's that they choose to keep, typically linemen.

I traded Robert Mathis and a couple picks for Lamar Houston, as I plan on converting their defense to a 3-4 just to up the difficulty of the rebuild. Also traded Melvin Bullitt for Taylor Mays, as I've had success with him in other places.

Peyton Manning's sitting out the year, which means we'll be playing conservitavely with Curtis Painter at the helm. Lost my first game to the Texans 24-21. I couldn't contain Andre Johnson and their two tightends on the final drive, and lost at the buzzer.

Played Cleveland in my second game and beat them with relative ease 24-16. They couldn't stop the run at all, allowing nearly seven yards per carry.

Still relatively early, but I'm definitely enjoying it thus far. Thus far through two games, Painter's only turned the ball over once, and Addai's averaging 124 rushing yards per game. I expect that to change rather quickly however, as Pittsburgh is next on the schedule.

I haven't seen any of the ridiculous WR drops that drove me away from all-madden in the first place, hoping that continues.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #1570
Rookie

mjh91's Arena

OVR: 7

So the third season of my Franchise couldn't turn out any better. I went 15-1 in the regular season with the Bears, locking up the #1 seed in the NFC. Defeated the Panthers 24-20, who upset division rivals, the Saints in the Wild Card round. In the Divisional round, I blank the Eagles 23-0. They just so happened to be the only team that beat me in the regular season. So moving on to the Super Bowl, I'll be facing Alex Smith and the Miami Dolphins. The final score ended up being 42-14, Bears. The MVP of the game was my 6'5" rookie WR by the name of Tajh Greene; 8 receptions for 150 yards and 3 TD. Him and Cutler are creating a dominating force for the city of Chicago for years to come.

Opening Day of the 2014 season...Bears @ Dolphins. LET'S GO!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #1571
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh91
Opening Day of the 2014 season...Bears @ Dolphins. LET'S GO!
REMATCH!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2011, 01:26 PM   #1572
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

So because of school I haven't played the game in a long while but am going to start a new franchise now that I have a lot of time on my hands...

Im going to totally rebuild my Redskins with an offense similar to what the Eagles have I think and then on defense I want to have a Gregg Williams-esque blitz happy 4-3, with some stud LBs..I also want to create Tyrann Mathieu and use him as my SS along with a ball-hawk FS...hopefully the stud LBs will make up for the lack of size..
Old 12-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #1573
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPolo7
So because of school I haven't played the game in a long while but am going to start a new franchise now that I have a lot of time on my hands...

Im going to totally rebuild my Redskins with an offense similar to what the Eagles have I think and then on defense I want to have a Gregg Williams-esque blitz happy 4-3, with some stud LBs..I also want to create Tyrann Mathieu and use him as my SS along with a ball-hawk FS...hopefully the stud LBs will make up for the lack of size..
Or you could just download an NCAA roster, simulate, then export the draft class.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #1574
Rookie

BDubb3424's Arena

To all the Browns fans I do not know how you all can stick with Colt Mccoy at the helm. He is driving me crazy I feel I have to look for a replacement next year
Old 12-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #1575
Rookie

Started my Dolphins Franchise about 2 weeks ago. I am currently sitting at 8-4 going into a match up with the 5-7 Eagles. I am currently sitting in the final wild card spot but only trailing the forever dominant Brady n Co by one game. The last 4 games of he season will be interesting as i host the eagles then Travel to @Buffalo who are also 8-4 @ Pats 9-3 week 16 then Home to the Lousy Jets who are a mess this year at 5-7.

I stuck with Chad Henne as my QB and he has been up and down but very smooth the 2nd half of the season so far.

Some Team Stats Thru 12games

Henne- 82.6 QB Rating 2247yds 18td 11int 56%

Now My Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas have been straight beast for me bust it seems like Bush is getting hurt every game.

Bush- 177 att 977 yds 5.5 AVG 10Tds 31 REC 300YDS 2TD
Thomas- 115 att 559 yds 4.8 AVG 4TDS 6 REC 55YDS 1TD

Marshall- 50REC 746YDS 15.2AVG 9TDS
Bess- 29REC 403YDS 1 TD
Hartline- 28REC 320 YDS 2 TD
Fasano- 26REC 432YDS 1TD

Defense Team Stats
2nd in total Defense
1st against the pass
13th against the run
3rd in PA 17.5
3rd in sacks 35
tied 1st in INTS 14 Sean Smith 8ints

My defense has been the strongest part of my team and with the surprisingly very good running game Chad Henne and Tony Sparano are making a case while they should both return for the 2012 season. May take a Division Title or Playoff Win to secure there return.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #1576
MVP

OVR: 46

Picked this up used, downloaded a roster set via USB and kicked off my Packers franchise.

Its been fun after two preseason games, but the menus are horrific! lol

Haven't been able to get any picks yet with the Packer D on default all pro sliders.

I noticed some guys stats arent showing in SEASON STATS so far.
They are mostly third and fourth string guys.
then in week two one of them appeared but still missing a few other guys stats
u can view them in the box score only.

anyone else seeing that weirdness?

Last edited by econoodle; 12-06-2011 at 09:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »