Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #1969
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
Giving this a try...

Enjoy

This was so awesome! Great 2nd half and what an unbelievable ending.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #1970
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Giving this a try...
That was awesome!

I LOVE the expression on #23's face at the end. He was so GRRRRRRR ME MAD!

You know he tore up the locker room when he got back there.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #1971
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeyBraves
This was so awesome! Great 2nd half and what an unbelievable ending.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
That was awesome!

I LOVE the expression on #23's face at the end. He was so GRRRRRRR ME MAD!

You know he tore up the locker room when he got back there.
Thanks! Really appreciate it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #1972
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Now that the SB is over (you can figure out how I feel about the result), I can finally start my Giants franchise. I'm still debating on whether to do 32-team control or not, but I do have my sliders (Dfos) in place.

I'm actually looking forward to the pre-season, as I'm going to experiment with the DL a bit. I may run a 3-4 with Osi-Cany-Tuck up front and Kiwi-Blackburn-Boley-JPP as the LBs or run a 4-3 with Osi-Tuck-Canty-JPP on the DL.
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity (Switch)
Old 02-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #1973
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Since I am too excited to wait for my video to be done (haven't started editing yet)...

The Browns managed to finish 2016 with a record of 13-3.

(Stats are approximate due to not being near my console until later today)
MVP & OFFPOY - QB, Derek Gaston (CLE) - 4500 yards, 45 TDs, 10 INTs
DEFPOY - LE, Jabaal Sheard (CLE) - 76 Tackles, 26.5 Sacks (NFL Record)
Coach - Keith Brooking (CLE) 13-3
Kicker - Kirkland (CLE)
.................................................. .................................................

This season was one for the record books as the Browns surpassed 700 points for the year and were one of the most prolific offenses in the league.

They were led by second year star QB, Derek Gaston. Gaston went into this season as a guy trying to prove himself to be the bright future he seemed to be in his rookie year... and he made his case loud and clear on his way to being named the NFL's MVP.

Also in the hunt for MVP was Cleveland HB, Davonnie Chapman our of SMU. Chapman was also in his second season and showed that his rookie year wasn't just a flash in the pan... he blew up for 2000+ yards and 25 TDs. When the future comes to being bright - this guy definitely needs shades.

MLB Nick Hardaway has been called a bigger, faster Ray Lewis and he is proving to be one of the best defenders in the league. His Madden rating is 99 OVR but to the Browns he might as well be 150. He had missed 10 games over the past two years and this year he made it his mission to come in as healthy as ever. 139 Tackles, 4 sacks and 3 INTs later he is among the best defenders in the NFL.

.................................................. ......
Divisional Playoffs
Cleveland beat the Texans in the Divisional Round 24-14.
- A tough game that was decided in the 3rd quarter when Gaston connected with Demaryus Thomas for a 40 yard TD. Took the wind out of the Texans sails and Cleveland avenged their losses to the Texans over each of the past two years (both in the playoffs)

AFC Championship
Cursed No More - Browns Stomp Broncos, Advance To Super Bowl
- Jay Cutler's return to Denver was a surprise. The 58-7 beat-down the Browns gave the Broncos in Denver in week 16 was also a surprise. However, when the AFC Title was a match-up of the infamous 1980s Browns/Broncos - no one was sure what to expect.

Between Revis' 2 INTs, Sheard's 3 Sacks and Gaston's 4 TD passes - the Browns made it known that they were the best in the AFC as they won 48-24.

Super Bowl
One For The Ages - Cleveland Comes Back, Wins Super Bowl 50
- It was 9-0 Tampa Bay with 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Before they knew what was happening, the Browns were down 25-0 with 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Gaston brought the Browns down with 3 quick strikes that finished with a TD pass to Jordan Cameron. Then, after stopping Tampa Bay on three straight plays, the Browns got the ball back and drove down the field for a quick field goal. 25-10.

5:55 left in the game and Cleveland once again needed a big stop. Hardaway pummeled LeGarrette Blount for a 4 yard loss and then broke up a pass as Cleveland once again forced a punt. This time, they were stopped on the 50 with 4:30 left with a 4th and Inches. Gaston called a no-huddle and handed the ball to Chapman who got just enough for a new set of downs. Gaston then connected with Thomas for a big TD and they went for 2 - caught and converted by long time vet, Kellen Winslow. 25-18.

4:05 left and Tampa has the ball. Once again Cleveland's D stepped up and stuffed Tampa (including a strange pass call that almost ended as a certain pick-6 was dropped by AJ Hawk).

Gaston drove Cleveland down the field quickly but the Browns were stopped on the Bucs' 34 yard line with 4th and 5 and 2:24 left. Kirkland came out and nailed the FG as Cleveland needed to depend on luck and their defense to get another chance - trailing 25-21.

Hardaway and Co. stepped up once again and forced a Tampa FG try. As it flew wide right, the Bucs once again gave the ball back to Gaston. The NFL MVP brought the Browns straight down the field and connected with Michael Crabtree for a 35 yard TD and Cleveland finished a miracle comeback and Super Bowl victory. Final Score - 28-25
Old 02-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #1974
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

After watching a great superbowl and finally getting some realistic results from sliders, I started my Falcons franchise.

side note theory- new rule for real NFL, if you beat Falcons in playoffs you will win Superbowl.

I digress......roster is current Falcons roster.

Starting season like real Falcons:

Falcons 18 - Bears 20 - I missed last second 52 yard fg
Eagles 10 - Falcons 31 - Young playing, Vick injuried for 4 weeks to start season.
Falcons 10 - 16 Bucs - Blount with big 60 yard scamper in 4th quarter, bucs D was all over me entire game.

So 1-2, got seachickens next.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #1975
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Giving this a try...

Enjoy

That was a lot of fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #1976
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Bucs are now 10-1 after two more wins in completely different games.

The first win was a 47-10 trouncing of the rival Panthers. It was mostly the offense going to work as well, an unusual sight this season. The defense generated just one turnover (a late pick 6) and recorded no sacks. None.

Blount was all over the Panthers, racking up 182 yds and Freeman had one of his best games of the season.

The second game was a complete contrast. The Falcons came in and it was more the tight, contested affair the team has gotten used to lately. Freeman was back to his up and down ways and the team committed 3 turnovers and generated just 1. The defense ramped up the pass rush, picking up 4 sacks in the game with rookie DE Phillips picking up 2.

No forced fumbles for Gibson, but he was his usual self, posting his 10th consecutive 10+ tackles game. Barry Freeman again shut down the primary receiver and the pass rush kept Matt Ryan from doing anything to the others. The Bucs won the game 16-6. Of note in this game was Vaclav missing 3 50+ yd FG attempts. He made one at 53 yds and missed from 56 and 57 twice. He had the distance each time, but couldn't find the uprights in the 19 MPH wind gusts that swirled around the stadium. He narrowly made a 42 yd attempt as well, sneaking just inside the left upright.

The Panthers are back on the schedule looking for revenge, and this time the team has to play at their house. The Bucs have played some questionable football on the road this season, despite the 10-1 record. More than a couple games could have gone either way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »