Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #1993
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
Ok, after building the Browns for 6 seasons and winning Super Bowl we have largely the same team coming back with a couple additions on defense.

After 4 games
-Cleveland is giving up 12.5 points per game
-Leads the league in INTs (Tied With Panthers -9)and FF (Tied with 4)
-The Browns are averaging over 50 points a game
-Gaston has 16 TDs and 2 INTs over 4 games
-Demaryus Thomas has 9 TDs

Cleveland is 4-0 and now there are teams finally seeing that Cleveland's GM knows what he is doing. His contract is up after this year and rumors are swirling that he may like to have a new challenge next season.
How did you get Revis? And you should make more videos!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #1994
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

The Bucs got wiped from the playoffs by the division rival Panthers. They were clearly amped up for this game and the Bucs could not match, or slow down, the Panthers' intensity.

Tampa lost 49-28, and most of the damage was done on the ground, just like the last meeting. The difference this time, though, was Newton was in charge and throwing the ball like he meant it. Oh, and running too, of course.

Tampa's run game was worthless, managing just 62 yds. Freeman did what he could and was forced to push the ball, leading to 2 INTs but also 3 TDs.

It was certainly and eye-opening game and the Bucs may need to tailor their draft and roster overall to dealing with fast HB like the ones the Panthers have. The scheme may need to change against teams like this as the aggressive nature of the Bucs seems to just get exploited against the Panthers, and to some degree, the Saints as well.

The Cowboys also lost, so the top two NFC teams were wiped out on the first game they had to play.

The Super Bowl featured a pair of Wild Card teams as the 10-6 Vikings faced the 10-6 Jets. The Vikings came out on top 24-16. The Jets won back-to-back overtime games and then shut out the Chargers to make the big game. The Vikings pretty much rolled through everyone as they were the hot hand this year.

Year 7 is complete.

Last edited by KBLover; 02-11-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #1995
Pro

OVR: 11

I am currently in the second year of a Rams franchise. I am now 11-4 after demolishing the 11-3 Dolphins who had the best record. My running game went off with Jackson getting 154 yards and Cadillac Williams getting 144. I clinched home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with the win. I face the 4-11 Seahawks where I will most likely rest my starters to avoid injury.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #1996
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

I am in the second season with the niners, after finishing the first season 7-9 (blueninjas sliders). I had a great offseason resigning most of my defense and adding Ryan Clark and rasheen Mathis to make a top 5 defense. I then added Justin Blackmon with the 8th pick and Alshon Jeffery with a 3rd round pick.I am 0-1 so far losing to the pats 24-21..

Other notable draft picks were luck to the Vikings and griffin to the Seahawks
Old 02-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #1997
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow218
How did you get Revis? And you should make more videos!
I put in a bid for him after the 2012 season (around $80 million for 5 Years...) He really sputtered out at CB so I moved him to safety in his third year... he is amazing at that spot.

I am working on a new project for my Madden videos. As it is, my Browns are so dominant that I am having a tough time wanting to play my games at this point.

Toying with two ideas for the next project.

1. A franchise with video updates much like the last one I posted with a new team - considering moving the Rams or Vikings to LA.
  2. A franchise with a team to be determined by readers. I will be posting updates here and I am considering a new page on my website dedicated to Video Franchises.

Last edited by Cre8; 02-13-2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #1998
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

I'm in my third year with Cleveland, and after sputtering a little with my second year QB in game one, I put Tavaris Jackson in the game (got him in FA), and he's really had an outstanding two games. Really impressed with his ability to make (so far) all or most of the throws on the field. He's only rated 77, but his potential is surprisingly an A, so it seems he's got a lot of room to improve. Very interested to see where he can take the team.

The bad news? Jabaal Sheard, who's out 11 weeks with a knee injury. Browns are 2-1.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #1999
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
The bad news? Jabaal Sheard, who's out 11 weeks with a knee injury. Browns are 2-1.
Sheard has been an absolute monster for me... He has had seasons of 25 and 26.5 sacks - Man is a BEAST!

Although, that is also with a few seasons of 11, 10 and 8.5 sacks... So, it evens out over the course of time.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #2000
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

Sheard is definitely a great player in Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »