Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #2049
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHeyBraves
I love your write-ups of the games, especially the details about Gibson (total linebacker junkie over here). The 2 tackles on 1 play is so awesome. What can't he do?! How do you feel about trading S Whitley now that you have had a few games to digest the trade? It sounds like as long as you have Gibson roaming the middle of the field, anyone can be out there with him.

Glad you're enjoying the read

About the only thing Gibson isn't great at is interceptions. I think that's his only true weakness. Sometimes balls just drop out of his hands or he swats instead of attacks the ball. If I could figure out a good scheme for him pass rush-wise, he'd be good there to as his 10 sacks one year show. I think he's just so good patrolling the second level, that I hesitate to rush him. I do have him formation subbed to OLB in a few base sets, so maybe I need to develop more of a strategy around that.

Trading Whitley has been a mixed bag. Chauncey Cohen isn't the ball hawking force I thought he'd be, but maybe that's because the CPU is avoiding the deep ball completely. Kinda like an outfielder in baseball, the better the arm, the fewer the assist...because people don't test it. Both he and FS Holliday haven't been a force, and that might be why. The CPU has been going more check down and quick passes against me lately...

The WR brought over has shown some signs, so this might be one of those trades that pays off in a year or two moreso than now, and of course the pick could become anything.

But yeah, as long as Gibson is healthy, I have a lot of freedom with the LBs and can call more 2-deep since the safeties don't have to act like mini-linebackers. If Jamarcus Smith develops like his rookie ratings suggest, I might have TWO Gibsons and that would be really, really scary. I might would have to go 3-4 and have a Bowman/Willis type tag team in the middle.

Last edited by KBLover; 02-21-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #2050
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Another great video! Would love to see as much as you are willing to post up. You really busted up my Titans good, haha. I'm diggin your Browns team. Chapman is the truth.
Chapman has been a beast. His morale has been amazing as the Browns have been a very high paced offense under OC Derrick Mason.

There is a lot of drama coming to Cleveland in the next couple months as Derek Gaston's contract is ending after the season. He is going to be up for a big pay day, but if he wins a second consecutive Super Bowl - the pay day could be record setting.

Some rumors have been along the lines of 7 years and $120 million.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #2051
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Well, Derek Heim's rookie debut wasn't too hot. His stats don't tell the whole story. He really struggled with the deep ball, despite finding Brandon Marshall to the tune of 172 yards. All of his INTs were passes that were WAY off the mark. He put some plays together towards the end to add another TD, but he was erratic the entire day. Certainly expect for the offensive coordinator to scale back on some of the deep passes...

The backup QB, Jason Campbell, was previously placed on the trade block. Detroit bit on it, offering up a 3rd round pick. But Heim's shaky performance has Dolphins management reconsidering trading Campbell.

Gotta give the Buccaneers some credit though. Josh Freeman and Legarrette Blount gave the Dolphins all they could handle.
Just checking in on my Dolphins/Cowboys 'chise:

The Dolphins have righted the ship. After stumbling out the gate w/ the loss to Tampa Bay, they've won 3 straight. The defense has been stout, with Cameron Wake and Carlos Dansby leading the charge.

The rookie QB has gotten it clicking with Brandon Marshall. After 4 games, Marshall has 40 catches (Wow) and leads the NFL in receiving yards. Derek Heim, the rook QB, has 10 TDs to 5 INTs. Daniel Thomas, the feature back, leads the league in rushing yards and attempts.

Hoping to keep the momentum going against the next opponent.

Sidenote: managing a two team 'chise is no joke! It's hard to stay on top of injuries and FA when I'm already strapped for time. I may just sim the Cowboys games from here on out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #2052
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Hey guys, quick question:

If you start a Franchise with existing injuries ON, is it even worth it to play the Preseason? I noticed that when I left that option on, there were hardly any UDFA's on the roster and that I didn't have to make any roster cuts after the first preseason game.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 02-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #2053
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
I love your write-ups of the games, especially the details about Gibson (total linebacker junkie over here). The 2 tackles on 1 play is so awesome. What can't he do?! How do you feel about trading S Whitley now that you have had a few games to digest the trade? It sounds like as long as you have Gibson roaming the middle of the field, anyone can be out there with him.

If you like Gibson or just beast MLBs beasting, you'll love this.

Just happened in a game that just got started (CPU's first possession). Gibson's hot. Fear.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #2054
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

Just happened in a game that just got started (CPU's first possession). Gibson's hot. Fear.
Dude I just flinched and felt bad for whoever the QB you just smoked is (Christian Ponder?)

Btw, love following your team man...Gibson is a monster and I think your right on about the CPU being weary of throwing it deep against you because of your talent in the secondary
Old 02-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #2055
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

Yes!! I love it! I got my popcorn ready for Gibson

He looks like a monster too (physically). I'm not sure if you mentioned it, but how does he do in DPOY voting? The guy strings together great year after great year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #2056
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Yes!! I love it! I got my popcorn ready for Gibson

He looks like a monster too (physically). I'm not sure if you mentioned it, but how does he do in DPOY voting? The guy strings together great year after great year.
He usually comes in 3rd/4th since he doesn't rack up the sacks, but he did win DPOY last year leading the league in tackles. It was the second time he won. The first time came in when he put up 10 sacks to go with all his tackles.

He's a fixture in the Pro Bowl, though, even when he got hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
Dude I just flinched and felt bad for whoever the QB you just smoked is (Christian Ponder?)

Btw, love following your team man...Gibson is a monster and I think your right on about the CPU being weary of throwing it deep against you because of your talent in the secondary
Yep, that's Ponder. He likes to run when he gets a chance. Later in the game (26-20 L, OT) Ponder slid after another hit but then Mays got him (he's not what he used to be, but he still hits!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »