Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #25
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

4-0 pre-season.

Beat the Packers 34-10.
40-10 against the Lions.
17-6 against the Eagles.
21-3 against "Da Bears". Had to do this one twice,it was originally 9-0 going into the 4th but it froze.

McCoy has a 134.6 QB rating in his limited use. 9/16 with 2 TDs.
Sadly Massaquoi has the next best rating going 1/1 for 4 yards from the Wildcat. Wallace and Brown were awful.

Hillis has 318 yards on 41 attempts with 6 TDs with a long of 86 and 2 of 20+.
Noel Devine also broke off 2 huge runs and has 2 TDs with 167 yards on 15 attempts.

Hillis also led in reciving with 11 catches for 121 yards but no TDs.
Jacoby Ford and Greg Little were the only to have reciving TDs with 2 each.
Little had 9 catches for 118 yards and Ford has 6 for 116. Cribbs has 2 catches for 51 yards.

On the defensive side Phil Taylor produced 3 sacks.
Mike Adams,Eric Hagg and Joe Haden came up with 2 picks each.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ravens. I'm still in the preseason but I cut no brainers. But I beefed my secondary up with getting drc off trading block for jarret Johnson(Idk how this worked but they needed a olb) then. I'm putting foxxworth and webb on the block for a receiver tight end and d end.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean
You guys using default difficulty?
I'm using custom with all sliders HUM & CPU at 50. I have gradually been adjusting the sliders to make it harder.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #28
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

OVR: 4

Lions Chise, (Controlling all 32Teams)

Week 5 - Detroit Lions (4-1) vs Chicago Bears (3-2)

Just finnished my game in Dallas, winning 28-17 versus a 2-2 Cowboys team. The Lions defensive line "The Silver Crush" injured Tony Romo early on and were able to disrupt things all game giving up two late 4th quarter TD's this game was never even close. Safford has a QB rating in 90's, Megatron is WR leading the league with 8 TD's, and Suh leading NFL in sacks with 5.

Washington Redskins are 0-4 and leading the Andrew Luck race, with Oakland a close second.

I have Sammie Lee Hill DT on trade block, looking for a 3rd-4th round...hoping a DT goes down in league before trade deadline or else I'll be looking to deal Sammie Hill this off-season for sure...any teams you know of that seriouslu need a young DT with a loy of potenial ley me know
Old 08-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0
Something I noticed after the week 3 cuts. Teams on my fran cut players with potential. Bengals cut Mays.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #30
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm in Week 2 of preseason of a multi-team franchise. I'm going to actually only play as Buffalo and New England (I wanted a rebuilder and a powerhouse) with the Pats being my primary team, but I'm managing Jacksonville and Cincinnati's front office/will play the occasional game with both teams.

Buffalo.... does not have much to work with. I know this as a (waning) fan, but the loss of Lee Evans really hurts them in Madden. I ended up converting Brad Smith back to WR just to give us something more to work with. I picked up Joey Galloway in free agency, only to lose him to a herniated disk so I released him immediately afterward. His stint with the Bills lasted all of three possessions. I barely beat the Bears and got rolled by the Broncos; I fully expect to be 3-13 in the season with them at this rate.

New England.... was frustrating, against the Jags. I didn't use Brady in the game and let Hoyer and Mallett take the snaps. Hoyer sucked, completely only 45% of his passes with two picks. Mallett was slightly better, but still off-target. The rain didn't help. Jacksonville sneaked out a win on the throwing arm of Gabbert, who I expect to become a beast. I scooped up T.J. Houshmanzadeh and Darren Sharper (two players they really did work out; Sharper gets a bigger role since they just cut Sanders, which I did as well). We'll see how their contributions go.

Jacksonville... as stated, I think there's a legit case based on two games for a QB controversy in Jacksonville in this franchise. Gabbert has outperformed Garrard in both showings, and looked even better in Week 2 with the first-team offense. Garrard still has the job, but the first sign of faltering will cost him it. I picked up T.O. to bolster a lousy WR corps.

Cincy.... is hilariously bad. Wow. I have kept Carson Palmer onboard, but I'm not starting him; instead, having his on the trading block to see what I can get while I decide where to send him at the end of preseason (probably Seattle). Dalton was awful in his first game and is only playing slightly better during game two (which I'm playing right now, as I write this). The real interesting part was Dan LeFevour, who came out of nowhere to steal the show and lead the Bungles back from the depths against Detroit and win in OT. I'm going to give him serious reps with the first team offense to evaluate how he could be. While I don't think he's serious competition for Dalton, I think this showing could be a good audition for a job elsewhere down the road. He's going to be an interesting player to work with for sure.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #31
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by packabacka19
Will be starting one with the Packers soon. Thinking about moving Grant and keeping Saine, and definitely getting rid of Brett Swain (which we did in real life today).

To the original poster: Did you have to download those updated rosters? Also, what did you do at OLB? Keep either of So'oto or Lattimore?
Neither were on the roster that I downloaded on Friday night. I needed up keeping Matthews (of course), Walden, Jones, Zombo & Elmore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean
You guys using default difficulty?
I'm using All Pro using mkharsh33's sliders. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042781142

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEKS973
Something I noticed after the week 3 cuts. Teams on my fran cut players with potential. Bengals cut Mays.

Yeah, I noticed that too. The Bengals cut Mays, the Raiders cut Pryor and the Bears cut Stephen Paea, just to name a few. Hopefully, there will be a patch correcting this but, in the meantime I believe I thought of a decent good work around (although I haven't tested). I would suggest to advance past week 3 without saving and see what rookies were cut that should have stayed. Write them down. Then, exit out and go back in franchise and edit their awareness (also, write this down) so, that they won't get cut. Do the same thing in Week 4. Then, once the regular season starts, edit them back to where they were originally. Sure, it's annoying but, IMO it would be better than them sitting in the FA pool.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #32
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Green Bay traveled to Carolina to take on the Cam Newton and Panthers in Week Two. The Panthers were coming off a 28-20 Week One win against Arizona. They had been hearing all pre-season about how this was just a year to get Cam some experience and that they were a few years away from being a serious contender in the NFC South. Frankly, they were tired of hearing it and came into the season with a chip on their shoulders.

Carolina's D came up huge throughout the game and held Green Bay to only 192 yards of total offense and no TD's as the breezed their way to the 19-3 Win. Aaron Rodgers had to run for his life as the defense was in the backfield all game long. Jon Beason was a beast-son (get it? ) on D tallying 9 total tackles and 2 sacks to boot. Everette Brown also had a big day with 6 tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble. Aaron Rodgers had one of the worst days of his career competing only 15 of 32 passes for 159 yards and 3 ints.

On the other side of the ball the Panthers looked good as well, thanks to huge plays from long time Panthers Steve Smith and Deangelo Williams. Smith owned Charles Woodson throughout the game. He caught 4 balls for 154 yards and 1 TD. Williams had 23 carries for 134 yards (5.8 avg) and 1 TD.

And if your wondering how Cam did... he played well too, completing 12 of 24 passes for 251 yards with 1 TD with no INTs (rating of 101.2).

Green Bay is now 0-2 and seem to have a serious case of "Super Bowl Hangover" going on. They look to bounce back at Chicago next week.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »