Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #3561
Rookie

Guru03's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Any franchises with M12 still going on? I'd love to hear about them.

- Clemson
- Michigan
- Michigan State (because of Anthony Ianni)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #3562
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

I had a mean Buffalo Bills/Carolina Panthers one going. I was in to Year #4, having added Carolina after my first season in Buffalo.

Drafted an Artez Richards at QB for Buffalo, had a good rookie year, got hurt in the first game of his second season. Well I had drafted a Joel Hoopes at QB in the same class as Richards (late... 7th round I think). He came in, played lights out, and we went all the way. But Richards was too good to be replaced due to injury, so he came back and started and was playing very well. CJ Spiller became elite, and I had a couple of stud LB's on the outside. I had a couple of big DB's who were gonna develop into a real force over time too.

Carolina was really on the cusp of a solid stretch after I took them on. Talented and deep at every position, I had D'Angelo Williams firing on all cylinders to the tune of 2000+ rushing yards. However, never tasted much playoff success. I think only a win in 2 seasons in the playoffs. Cam Newton was playing well, not elite but very well. Drafted a WR to help him out as I ushered Steve Smith outta town, was ready to take the next step though TE Greg Olsen was my most consistent pass catcher.

I was destined for the playoffs with both teams in Season 4, but my PS3 got power surged and I lost all my data.

Really enjoyed building up both franchises. I would've ran through a lot more seasons if I just stuck with the Bills, but I'm a fiend.

Couple games into a M13 franchise with Buffalo. I miss Artez Richards! LOL. Definitely going to somehow justify taking a top QB because Fitzpatrick is so damn limited. I'm gonna stick with just one team this time though, and see if I can take it 10 or so years before upgrading to whatever new Madden is out at the time. Madden certainly has taken great strides on the field, I can say it's the best football game I've played (including NFL 2k5 and APF 2k8). It took a long time, but it's finally true. Games just take 1.5 hours though, with no in-game save, so it's tough to devote a few hours to a single game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »