Home

No Tattoos???

This is a discussion on No Tattoos??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Rookie

ShavarHayes's Arena

OVR: 2
No Tattoos???

I'm starting to feel like Madden 12 is the beautiful girl you take to the prom, only to figure out that she's a weirdo. She's still fine, so she's nice to have as arm candy, but she lacks a lot of substance...

I'm playing in a game versus the Eagles online (which I'll never do again), and I noticed that Babin doesn't have his tatts. Then I decided to go look at other players that I knew had ink...and NOT ONE TATTOO! This is just a shame when there are games like 2k that defy the laws of video game detail. This among other things are very disappointing. I'm just kind of shocked. Then again, why should I be? Madden has been adding/taking away for years now. I'm really tired of it, and the team really needs to step up. What a shame.

I play sim because there's no other way to play. PERIOD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #2
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: No Tattoos???

madden has never had tats in the game except if u wanna call those ones in the ps2 versions tats of the tribal and dots lmfao... i agree if other games can have there players tats like the nba games then theres no excuse not for madden to have them in the game
Old 08-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #3
Rookie

ShavarHayes's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
madden has never had tats in the game except if u wanna call those ones in the ps2 versions tats of the tribal and dots lmfao... i agree if other games can have there players tats like the nba games then theres no excuse not for madden to have them in the game
Dang, maybe I just never noticed. Well, even still, this needs to change. Details are what make a game complete. I never thought I would say this, but I'm really starting to feel like we desperately need a 2k comeback. I think, I KNOW that these issues would be NON issues.

*Shaking my head like a let down father*

I play sim because there's no other way to play. PERIOD
Old 08-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

You can blame the crappy no fun league for that the nfl wont allow tatoos in the game. So it doesn't matter if 2k comes back they wont have tattoos either.

The more you know.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
Rookie

Eclipso's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavarHayes
I'm starting to feel like Madden 12 is the beautiful girl you take to the prom, only to figure out that she's a weirdo. She's still fine, so she's nice to have as arm candy, but she lacks a lot of substance...

I'm playing in a game versus the Eagles online (which I'll never do again), and I noticed that Babin doesn't have his tatts. Then I decided to go look at other players that I knew had ink...and NOT ONE TATTOO! This is just a shame when there are games like 2k that defy the laws of video game detail. This among other things are very disappointing. I'm just kind of shocked. Then again, why should I be? Madden has been adding/taking away for years now. I'm really tired of it, and the team really needs to step up. What a shame.
Not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure that the NFL included this as a part of the exclusive contract. NFL doesn't want the "tattooed" image on the video game. Like I said I'm not totally sure this is the reason but this is what I've heard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

OVR: 5

theres 1590 players in the nfl. and a whole bunch more free agents. and most players in the nfl have tattoos. its kinda hard to do that many tattoos.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdrawkcab321
theres 1590 players in the nfl. and a whole bunch more free agents. and most players in the nfl have tattoos. its kinda hard to do that many tattoos.
When they did have them in Madden, I wanna say '05, they only had the really recognizable guys in the league with tats. Such as Ray Lewis. The lesser guys who had tats didn't get the special treatment.

Must say it's absolutely ridiculous the lengths the NFL go to, to "protect their image". Would love it if they brought them back. Maybe we can petition the league to allow tats back in our video games. Guarantee no fan would object to them being brought back. They only help with immersion.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #8
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Yeah they had like Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher, only ones that stood out. I think one of the last games, like 10 or something like that, DeAngelo Hall's neck tattoo accidentally got in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »