Home

The more I read about Madden 12...

This is a discussion on The more I read about Madden 12... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #217
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: The more I read about Madden 12...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
No, I didnt miss that part, I quoted your whole post and my point still remains! Once you come into the situation with a negative vibe from mostly the "haters" ( i used to be a very good one), then you cant comment on the subject and start your post off the way you did and then "sugar coat it" at the end like you did.

At the end of the day, you're eventually gonna get the game like everyone else regardless what has been said about the game. And for the record, please show me a game that hasnt released ever without bugs and glitches?

Also another note: I havent forgotten where i have came from and most if you here have forgotten your gaming roots if it was anywhere during and before the PS2 era of gaming.

We had no patches and thing like that to fix our games back then and we enjoyed them still quite well. So it does kinda make me reflect back on times I have bashed a game this gen on the merits of today's technology without realizing how buggy those Sega and Nintendo 64 games used to be. Let alone every system before it!
hmm...I still think you missed a part
"All that being said...I have limited knowledge of coding and what EA can do in their patches, but this seems like something that could and will be fixed. It would have been nice to have such a common play not have a glitch at release, but I'll reserve bashing EA on this issue until they have had a chance to address it."

Kidding aside, you might benefit from rereading what I said before you continue to make such baseless accusations :P.

The first 2/3 of my post were a direct rebuttal to the opinion that a QB sneak glitch does not affect offline play. It was not being negative about EA or the game, it was pointing out where that "no affect" argument had some fallacies. If such a glitch were never to be fixed then that would be one thing, but I have a hard time believing that it won't be fixed in an early patch.

I made the post in the most logical sequence of events possible. I offered a direct rebuttal to the claim that I quoted and then at the end I pointed out that this is not a big deal at the moment.

To finish this off. You are correct. I am going to be buying the game tonight, I'm not really sure where the implication was that I was not. My comments were regarding a matter unrelated to my opinion of Madden NFL 12 as a game. Whether you choose to recognize that fact or not is your prerogative though of course.

Last edited by KSUowls; 08-29-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #218
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
the more I'm considering cancelling my pre-order. I already dropped the $60, but it REALLY doesn't sound like it's worth it this year. Money QB sneak, this goofiness with the commentary, all the crap in the bug thread... Why? How can they keep BREAKING stuff that used to WORK!? Then make us wait 2 months until it's properly patched!?

GRR! I'm so FED UP with this damned company!
I might be the only one on the planet that got the early download and has decided not to buy the game. I've decided to get $22 general store credit for NCAA (instead of the $30 toward Madden).

My decision is based on my interest in the PC football game I am now playing, and the staleness of this game, and it's college counterpart.

I was looking and hoping and I tried, but this game is nothing new. I'm bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyeagle
The funny thing is, I bet half the naysayers end up buying the game anyway. They just wanna tell everyone on the boards that Madden isn't good enough for them this year.

And like the League Manager above me said, these days games have bugs. He mentioned COD and the Fallout games which are good examples of extremely popular games with major major bugs. I won't get into them because this is a Madden board, but suffice to say it will be a lot easier to deal with the bugs in Madden than those other games.

The fact that most gamers consider this version to be the best, at least on the next gen consoles, says more to me than the group shouting "madden sucks" year after year.

So honestly, the more I read the more I'm understanding that the game's improvements far outweigh the gripes. And besides, if you plan on sitting around until the perfect sim football game comes out, then I guess the joke's on you.
The joke doesn't have to be on anybody, and Madden is not a sim football game. I'm not even saying it sucks, it's the "year after year" part that is annoying. Basically the same game "year after year".

Last edited by JayBee74; 08-29-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:49 PM   #219
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
I don't have the game yet, but I'm an offline player too. If this really is a glitch in the game then it will be a game breaker if it is not addressed because it prevents me (and you) from using it in perfectly legitimate situations. 1st and 10 backed up on your own goal line when you may call a sneak just to give you a yard or two of breathing room? Occasionally on 3rd and 1 or how about 4th and short late in the game. These are all legitimate situations to use a QB sneak and in most cases you probably aren't facing a goal line set either.

We offline players don't have to abuse it for it to affect us. The simple fact that we avoid a play because it is money is its own effect.

What I bolded is what I responded to in YOUR post, if you feel you didnt mean what I took it as you meant, then so be it. If you wanna PM me about it then fine, there will be no need to derail this thread any longer bro!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:11 PM   #220
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
And for the record, please show me a game that hasnt released ever without bugs and glitches?
Lol, u wont get an answer for that question and if u do get one i hope the answer isnt NFL 2k5 because that game has plenty of bugs.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #221
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6

im also worried about buying this. i havnt had madden since 10. i skipped 11 cuz i didnt feel a difference from 10. i loved 10 and me and my friend play together online all the time. i bought ncaa 12 and think its a great game but i think the next patch will make it better. im reading a lot of negative comments on here and im planning to go get it at walmart after school tomorrow. should i go get it?
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #222
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wanted to pick this up as I've been playing madden 08 for PC but it sounds like the same problems are still plaguing the series. Such a shame. The improvements to Franchise mode sound great, but thats only one part of it. The AI logic in franchise and in game and the overall gameplay still sound like they are lagging behind or are just flat broken.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #223
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I might be the only one on the planet that got the early download and has decided not to buy the game. I've decided to get $22 general store credit for NCAA (instead of the $30 toward Madden).

My decision is based on my interest in the PC football game I am now playing, and the staleness of this game, and it's college counterpart.

I was looking and hoping and I tried, but this game is nothing new. I'm bored.

The joke doesn't have to be on anybody, and Madden is not a sim football game. I'm not even saying it sucks, it's the "year after year" part that is annoying. Basically the same game "year after year".
If you haven't already traded it in, I would do it through Amazon who's currently giving $32.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #224
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
im also worried about buying this. i havnt had madden since 10. i skipped 11 cuz i didnt feel a difference from 10. i loved 10 and me and my friend play together online all the time. i bought ncaa 12 and think its a great game but i think the next patch will make it better. im reading a lot of negative comments on here and im planning to go get it at walmart after school tomorrow. should i go get it?

The series is going in the right direction. It is leaps and bounds better than 10 or that trash that was 11. The new head of EA Tiberon is the guy who turned around the FIFA and NHL series. The game is not perfect, but it is easily the best one this gen. I only hope that the devs don't get discouraged by the luke warm reviews. They are definitely on the right track.
Btw, it is more polished than NCAA 12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »