Home

The more I read about Madden 12...

This is a discussion on The more I read about Madden 12... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: The more I read about Madden 12...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I'll give it a try if I ever decide to get out of bed this morning.
I don't have the game, and I don't like pushing someone else to try something. But if you do have the time and the notion to try it, can you try it with different setups that you think might effect the QB Sneak? If it is a problem for some and not others, maybe we can figure out what's effecting it and finding a solution (if it is a real problem).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Down and distance?

That video happened so fast, didn't even see the offense and defense alignments.
It was first and 10 and i would like to re-iterate the fact that the OS online community will probably not tolerate this at all like that in the open field like this.

SO my question is, who in the heck would wanna run a QB sneak on 1st and 10 in the first place other than to cheat/cheese and get booted from the community?

I'm telling you guys, this online community feature is gonna have a lot of people who try to pull this crap, sitting in pub room lobbies going thru every madden lobby since the inception of online play.

Trust and believe, it wouldnt be a a fun year not being involved in a strict sim community after shelling out $60 and it be like this feature never existed for you!

Calm down, have patience, if it was that much of an irritation to you, then you should never buy a sports game ever again with how simple childish these complaints are about the game.

So you have a few options as I see it...

1) Calm the heck down and wait for more impressions on tuesday

2) Buy the game and see for yourself

3) Dont buy it at all and apply to work for EA and make sure they get rid of the issues you are here crying about it!

4) Get it together and join a SIM community and have fun

This is all you can do right about now, no need to make a mountain of a mole hill bruh?
Old 08-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Not being able to use a QB sneak IS a significant problem. If you can live with it, great, but why not acknowledge that this is a problem and should be fixed. Jiminy Christmas.
Where did I not acknowledge it? I don't know if it's true or not, but the use of those words and the rest of the hyperbole constantly has gotten old has it not? It modes make it hard to differentiate from issues that are livable with ones that truly ruin the experience, no? It's also tough to take claims of game breaker from someone who's never played a down of the game.

Is it really that wrong to ask for some calm, some objectivity and reason? I am not defending EA, just asking for people to keep some perspective instead of screaming the sky is falling at every turn. If that makes me an EA defender so be it.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The OP gives off the impression he's looking for things to criticize. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.
Not sure why you just deduce this. He does bring up some valid issues that Madden has had for years. If he's fed up, he's fed up. That's legit. If he's fed up and doesn't spend the $60, that's up to him and legit to do. Not sure why this comment was necessary.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #69
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

this qb sneak for offline gamers shouldn't be an issue, however its bad for online gaming, but what worries me is how ea will fix this, we will get a delayed/auto something animation that will affect offline/online gamers that often makes no sense in football strategy but plugs a hole in exploited programming.

ea cant win, offline AI is wonky and online humans have worse AI...then instead of fixing something else this takes up time and space and we get patch notes with 2 gameplay fixes and 10 elploits/bugs

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #70
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
I never mentioned using it on 1st and 10. I said legit, non-abusive situations. Like 4th & goal on the 1, or 4th and inches anywhere else.

I'm saying that it's a guarantee to pick up that short yardage, so, with that knowledge, ANY use of the play is glitching, even when you want to do it PROPERLY. Understand?
Yes, you're right. It takes QB sneak out of the game entirely because there's no fun running it when you ordinarily would (4th and inches, etc.) when you know it's guaranteed.

Will EA patch this (without messing up 6 other things), or will they do like the NCAA people and just ignore everyone for 6-7 weeks and then do an interview while laughing about the issue?

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #71
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I'm sure most of us that own NCAA 12 will say that if you have played Madden 12 with the full retail or season pass you can see right away the game doesn't have hardly any bugs compaired to NCAA 12. Much of the gameplay is the same in many respects but that is even not a 100%.

After the whole NCAA 12 experience I am very happy with were Madden 12 is. Look how fast they fixed the roster problem. That just showed it wasn't a problem with the game engine but the roster database file itself.

The Franchise mode offline is great and yes like Chris said in his first impressions review it has a bit of a crapy interface but once you learn to navigate it you can overcome that.

Still wish they would make this for the PC though....

What was the roster issue?

Franchise interface is terrible. Audio worst in history, agreee with the notion much more bug free than NCAA. Jury is still out for me. But, as someone that has hated madden for a decade or so, this might be the year I play madden over NCAA. Something that hasn't happened basically ever.

I just need more madden game time to figure out if I like it as much as I did initially.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 1

Man quit your whining, you read stuff on here and a lot of it is negative because everyone is so hardcore, critical and wants everything perfect. Well its not, and nothing is. Every game has issues and bugs, there is no perfect game out there. Enjoy Madden, its better than last years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »