Home

Quarters 3 Deep

This is a discussion on Quarters 3 Deep within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
MVP
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,363
Quarters 3 Deep

I don't get it.......The CPU defense keeps coming out in Quarters 3 Deep defense about 75% of the time. Even when I've ran power O out of the I formation they come out in Quarters 3 Deep, the deep three safeties are 25 yards of the line of scrimmage and completely out of position. Anyone else have this problem?

I've tried it on All Pro and All Madden against several teams and its the same thing.
DNMHIII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
EA Game Changer
 
sgibs7's Arena
 
OVR: 37
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Blog Entries: 21
Re: Quarters 3 Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I don't get it.......The CPU defense keeps coming out in Quarters 3 Deep defense about 75% of the time. Even when I've ran power O out of the I formation they come out in Quarters 3 Deep, the deep three safeties are 25 yards of the line of scrimmage and completely out of position. Anyone else have this problem?

I've tried it on All Pro and All Madden against several teams and its the same thing.
are you playing the demo or season pass, or have the disc?

interesting issue - what team are you playing against? does it happen all the time?
__________________
EA SPORTS Game Changer

My latest Madden 13 & NCAA 13 strategy guides:
Official EA SPORTS Madden NFL 13 Strategy Guide
Official EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Strategy Guide

Learn more about Madden Tips:
www.MaddenTips.com


http://twitter.com/Sgibs7
sgibs7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
MVP
 
Dogslax41's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 1,904
Re: Quarters 3 Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I don't get it.......The CPU defense keeps coming out in Quarters 3 Deep defense about 75% of the time. Even when I've ran power O out of the I formation they come out in Quarters 3 Deep, the deep three safeties are 25 yards of the line of scrimmage and completely out of position. Anyone else have this problem?

I've tried it on All Pro and All Madden against several teams and its the same thing.
Yes. This happens alot, and I mean alot and it is frustrating beyond belief. Not only does it look completly stupid it is an easy 6-10 yards if you get by the front 4. This would not happen if we were allowed to set up CPU playbooks.
Dogslax41 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
MVP
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,363
Re: Quarters 3 Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibs7
are you playing the demo or season pass, or have the disc?

interesting issue - what team are you playing against? does it happen all the time?
Playing with Season Pass and using the 49ers. It happens randomly, for example, 1st and 10 I come out in I Formation and run Power O and the D comes out in Quarters 3 Deep and I gash em for 8 yards, 2nd and 5 and I come out in Wildcat Spread and they come out in Quarters 3 Deep and its an automatic first.

It happens a lot when I run Pistol also.
DNMHIII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,363
Re: Quarters 3 Deep

I just played the Cards using the 49ers and played with the default 49er playbook and no 3 Quarters Deep in two quarters of play. I exited the game and loaded my custom playbook and played the the Cards again and Ran Pistol Strong Slot Bills Inside Zone (Run Play) on 1st and 10...bam! Quarters 3 Deep.

Then on 2nd and 2 I ran I Form Power O......you guessed it, the defense comes out in Quarters 3 Deep.

So now its first and ten again and I go Pistols Strong Slot Inside Zone and then I Form Power O again and the D comes out in Quarters 3 Deep.

I think this might be an issue when using custom playbooks.....
DNMHIII is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #6
Rookie
 
Shizz420's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Mar 2004
Re: Quarters 3 Deep

I can see why the AI is tuned to go conservative vs a custom playbook, which is designed for deep passing, crossing patterns, screens, and incuts. Also since it is conservative, I am sure they'll just give you 5-10 yards runs to stop the big pass plays.

Could be tied to the GameFlow AI interface the game uses to suggest plays. Either it gets more broader when the disc comes out, or the game is just lazy and unimaginative when it comes to going against custom playbooks.
Shizz420 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
MVP
 
Dogslax41's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 1,904
Re: Quarters 3 Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I just played the Cards using the 49ers and played with the default 49er playbook and no 3 Quarters Deep in two quarters of play. I exited the game and loaded my custom playbook and played the the Cards again and Ran Pistol Strong Slot Bills Inside Zone (Run Play) on 1st and 10...bam! Quarters 3 Deep.

Then on 2nd and 2 I ran I Form Power O......you guessed it, the defense comes out in Quarters 3 Deep.

So now its first and ten again and I go Pistols Strong Slot Inside Zone and then I Form Power O again and the D comes out in Quarters 3 Deep.

I think this might be an issue when using custom playbooks.....
Its not a custom playbook issue, I think you just may have gotten lucky in your first game because I dont use custom playbooks for my team and I have been seeing the quarters 3 deep non-stop.
Dogslax41 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 PM.

Top -