Home

Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Presentation

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Presentation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 10
The commentary is horrid for sure, hopefully madden13 address this. Also the lack of a halftime show and in game stat banners like NBA2k11 and MLB2k11 really is a shame. It's more than intros EA. A nice stats banner with different categories like franchise, career, season, in- game comparisons of different positions...etc. That will really help with the immersion of the game. Right now its not there.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15
My real disappointment is the lack of the extra point show. It was introduced 2 years ago, it was horrible, but at least it was their first try to make something similar to 2k5 sportcenter, they should have built from that, instead last year it was an exact replica, well, I thought, they decided not to touch franchise mode in 11, you'll see what they've got in store for us in madden 12...... nothing, removed, we're back at 09.
Having said that, I'm a happy camper nonetheless, Madden 12 is the best Madden presentation-wise, no one can deny it.

Last edited by bonannogiovanni; 08-28-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
Rookie

steelernation28's Arena

OVR: 21
Maybe next year? Maybe next year? Maybe next year? Maybe next year? Maybe next year? Maybe next year? Maybe next year? (06-12) I'm tired EA. That's like the 'Bungles' battle cry. Next year, yeah right. Ha ha the joke is on me for actually looking forward to this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #12
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

A friend of mine grabbed the game early and he says the commentary is absolutely a bugged filled mess(That's his words, not mine btw). I can't back that up myself as I haven't played it, but he's been in the industry for awhile and doesn't tend too blow smoke.

That's all I've heard about so far...
Old 08-29-2011, 12:25 AM   #13
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Presentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFav
A friend of mine grabbed the game early and he says the commentary is absolutely a bugged filled mess(That's his words, not mine btw). I can't back that up myself as I haven't played it, but he's been in the industry for awhile and doesn't tend too blow smoke.

That's all I've heard about so far...
The commentary is beyond terrible. If I had a dollar for every time they talk about the CB going for the pick and missing on passing plays I would have the game paid for by now. They even said it on a few HB Slip Screen plays!

Collinsworth puts me to sleep too.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 08-29-2011, 12:46 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5
"If they aren't doing any of that, they're calling players by the wrong name or worse, just calling them by their jersey number."

Gary Johnson, Chris Collingsworth, lol
Old 08-29-2011, 03:42 AM   #15
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden NFL 12 Reviewer Impressions: Presentation

While there are still many things I want fixed with this game.....

Im very much thankful that EA went out and got a TV crew to show em how its done....this was a very wise investment, and I hope it only gets better from here regarding those

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 04:19 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 3
Now I know why there was no commentary in the demo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »