Home

Undrafted Rookie Free Agents

This is a discussion on Undrafted Rookie Free Agents within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Undrafted Rookie Free Agents

are the undrafted rookie free agents all the guys that werent drafted in the draft? i know it sounds like a stupid question, but for example, i saw a video where it looked like each team was bringing in at least 10-15 undrafted rookie free agents, which is fine by me. However, that means that there is around 400 undrafted free agent players in each draft, and i doubt that is the case. It would definitely add realism to the game having soo many guys go undrafted, but are there really like 600 guys to choose from in the draft, or is there about 300 and the 75 undrafted go to free agency along with random computer generated undrafted free agents?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Undrafted Rookie Free Agents

Yes, UDFA are the rookies that go undrafted, or previous players that weren't drafted and weren't signed or accumulated enough time to no longer be a rookie. (Pat Devlin) This year, there were about 450-480 undrafted free agents signed by teams. Some have been cut by now obviously, but the number is correct. A full list can be found here:

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/2011/...s-playeragent/

Last edited by Xotros; 08-28-2011 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotros
Yes, UDFA are the rookies that go undrafted, or previous players that weren't drafted and weren't signed or accumulated enough time to no longer be a rookie. (Pat Devlin) This year, there were about 450-480 undrafted free agents signed by teams. Some have been cut by now obviously, but the number is correct. A full list can be found here:

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/2011/...s-playeragent/
thank you, do you know if we will be able to re-name computer generated rookies?
Old 08-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
Pro

Xotros's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheU1994
thank you, do you know if we will be able to re-name computer generated rookies?

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you. If you are asking if the udfa in the game mirror real life I don't know. I thought you meant in general. The ones that are signed but get cut will be in probably since they are already created but otherwise I'm not sure. I don't have my copy yet.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheU1994
Yep:
Quote:
Yes. I'm not 100% sure they're generated but it hasn't blocked out the option to edit anyone's name. Even the normal players.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042777197
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »