Home

A Perspective on Growth of Madden and Operation Sports

This is a discussion on A Perspective on Growth of Madden and Operation Sports within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: A Perspective on Growth of Madden and Operation Sports

My folks always say that coming to OS has opened their eyes to how Madden truly doesn't stack up. They say that they liked it before OS when their mind was still innocent.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:33 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
As I said the usual suspects. Always so worried about what I post.
Just pointing out the huge and unjustified bias. I thought you were about calm and reasonableness? You seem to be the one always on the offensive.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #11
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by eCaldwell
I've been on reading posts on these forums for a couple years now, since Madden 09 and have been a Madden fan since 05. I just wanted to address a couple things I've seen on the forums.

I thought that Operation Sports was a website dedicated to the love of Sports Gaming. How come so many of you only come on this forum to bash Madden and it's features. I found that I used to enjoy Madden much more before I came here because now I only notice the games flaws because the dead horse is being beaten here 24/7.

If more of you guys focused more on having fun with the game because of your love for the sport, and not with finding the most perfect football game on the Consoles, you'll find yourselves having more and more fun again. The fact is, if 2K had bought the rights to the Licenses then we would also find glitches, bugs, and features to complain about with them. No video game company has the manpower to put everything in a game to make every customer happy.

In addition to all of that, Football is an "Any Given Sunday" game. Its meant to be different every week, every year. No game can replicate something that is new and different every week. The point of Madden is to make your own history with a Football game, not last weeks; and if that is your goal, your better off watching film then trying to do it in any football game.

The point I'm trying to make is that the less time you spend trying to nitpick a video game the more time you'll be having fun on Madden or any other video game for that matter. You'll enjoy coming on the forums every year more to talk about your excitement for the game rather than desperately trying to be the first one to find it's flaws. Watching Madden grow for me every year is sort of like watching a Stand Up Comedy act. Does anybody really go to a Comedy Club looking to watch the Comedian fail, or do we really want him just to be great so we can have a good laugh? I'd rather see Madden do great then try to find it's every issue.
There's no doubt some want to be internet heroes and say they are the first to find BuG 'A'. Or make youtube videos with long diatribes hoping for some sort of internet "fame". OS has gotten rid of most of them. Now it's just the guys who come out of the wood work for release time. Sprew their venom, then disappear till next year.

In about a month or so. The left overs will be people who legitimately want to get stuff done and worked out. Just have to be patient.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 06:34 PM   #12
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Cool story bro.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Just pointing out the huge and unjustified bias. I thought you were about calm and reasonableness? You seem to be the one always on the offensive.
Again, why such concern by you and the rest of your club with what I post. Others will post the same as I do, yet you and your group only respond to me.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #14
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

This thread isn't going anywhere fast, but let me say something...

Quite honestly, if Madden can't top many aspects that were done in other videos games during LAST gen and over 6 years ago, are we really surprised that people complain?
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 08-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Again, why such concern by you and the rest of your club with what I post. Others will post the same as I do, yet you and your group only respond to me.
You're not the only one I respond to and I don't have a club. I've already explained why I respond to you. I am about reasonableness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

The fact that so many people show such hatred over one post is truly disappointing. Why can no one comment constructively on a post but instead only try to mame someone over the internet?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »