Home

A Perspective on Growth of Madden and Operation Sports

This is a discussion on A Perspective on Growth of Madden and Operation Sports within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: A Perspective on Growth of Madden and Operation Sports

I just find it odd...

I've never told anyone that likes a game that they shouldn't like it, and that they're basically stupid for liking it.

Yet whenever I don't like a game, I'm consistently told that I should like it, and that I'm stupid for complaining about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #26
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple
I agree with the OP. Before I just used OS for my slider needs and rosters. Being the avid forum lover I am (with thousands of posts on other forums) I ventured into the main forum this offseason. I wish I never did, only reason I am still here is because I just can't wait for Madden '12 and I have nothing better to do.

Some complaints are fine (see: Bugs thread) but some stuff is ridiculous (see: complaints over the QB sneak bug, which I am sure will be fixed asap. Evee then, not a big deal for the average offline gamer).

This years Madden will be the first Madden that I think is better then ESPN 2k5. Should Madden of been better then 2k5 years ago? Probably. But that doesn't mean Madden '12 won't be a great game.

Cheers.
QB sneak thread was a perfect example. Guys start declaring it a game breaker, that franchise mode is now unplayable, how could EA do this.

Then it turns out if they are plaiyng the game as "sim" as they say it's a non-factor. Of course the obligatory license post shows up, and then the people who were declaring it a gamebreaker then attempt to dig deeper to make it seem like it's a bigger deal.

Oh and the woe is me I am persecuted because I complained about the game posts will pop up as well.

It's par for the course.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #27
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't get why it's always the same people sniveling year after year. When something is no longer enjoyable to me, I cease doing it. If precise stats mean so much to you then go play fantasy football. There's constructive criticism and being whiny little b**ches, many of you fall under the latter.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #28
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
QB sneak thread was a perfect example. Guys start declaring it a game breaker, that franchise mode is now unplayable, how could EA do this.

Then it turns out if they are plaiyng the game as "sim" as they say it's a non-factor. Of course the obligatory license post shows up, and then the people who were declaring it a gamebreaker then attempt to dig deeper to make it seem like it's a bigger deal.
Interestingly enough you were the one who started the license stuff in that thread, inviting people to discuss it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Ughh. You should be more hypersensitive. Must have hit close to home. But continue your crusade.

EA bashers certainly do pre order EA games or at least claim to then claim the game is too poor and they are going to immediately cancel, as some sort of symbol of their outrage at EA.

All of which is moot because I didn't call him a basher or anything for that matter. Now's where you bring up your obligatory argument about exclusive licensing. Have at it.
Before that no one was really talking about it. Only exception being a guy making an off-hand comment about Madden being the only game in town.

Carry on though.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #29
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey
I don't get why it's always the same people sniveling year after year. When something is no longer enjoyable to me, I cease doing it. If precise stats mean so much to you then go play fantasy football. There's constructive criticism and being whiny little b**ches, many of you fall under the latter.
It goes both ways honestly.....the same apologists for obvious flaws (whether constructive or not) are right there every year too..
Old 08-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #30
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
Interestingly enough you were the one who started the license stuff in that thread, inviting people to discuss it:

Before that no one was really talking about it. Only exception being a guy making an off-hand comment about Madden being the only game in town.

Carry on though.
Actually I wasn't. But it's ok. I could see how you would be confused.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #31
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Please keep threads in the Madden forum on Madden only.

Threads like this get locked because they invite argument. Countless times, year after year, we see the member that just wants to make a statement or point about Operation Sports and its members.

It's a bad road to take. We appreciate what you're trying to do, why you want to help or direct people to be better posters. It needs to be accepted by everyone that there will always be someone ready to pounce, defend the game's popularity or its faults.

Best advice is to ignore it and move on.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »