Home

Has playing the early release changed your decision to purchase the game?

This is a discussion on Has playing the early release changed your decision to purchase the game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: After playing the early release, will you still purchase the game?
Yes 87 61.27%
No 55 38.73%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2011, 04:11 AM   #17
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Has playing the early release changed your decision to purchase the game?

No it has not. I probably wasn't going to get the game before season ticket, but it has been pretty fun to play I just don't see myself playing it that much with Fifa coming out along with BF3 and MW3. I just don't like the whole football engine Tiburon sports uses.
Chelsea FC
Old 08-29-2011, 05:08 AM   #18
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Nope. I'm loving Madden this year. This is what 11 should have been.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-29-2011, 06:19 AM   #19
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

The result of this poll is likely to be extremely biased. Most of the people who've bought Season Ticket bought it because they wanted Madden 12 early (as it's the only game released with Season Ticket so far). So you have mainly people who liked the demo and was ready by pay $25 to get the game three days before everybody else. I don't believe many of the people who actually have Season Ticket have changed their mind as they were gonna get it anyway, but I do believe others have changed their mind as a consequence of hearing from the people with Season Ticket.

For me personally, I made up my mind when I tried the demo. I was strongly leaning towards not buying it, and the demo confirmed that I was making the right decision.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #20
Rookie

BlackJackRabbit's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
Nope. I'm loving Madden this year. This is what 11 should have been.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
LOL, this is what Madden 08 should have been.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:17 AM   #21
Rookie

bodean's Arena

OVR: 6

Feel like I'm paying $60 dollars for this game, when the only glaring difference is the 11 is now a 12 on the screen. Demo was ok, but based on what I played, and read by reviews, doesn't justify $60 of my hard earned cash on something that isn't a HUGE leap forward over 11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 08:45 AM   #22
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibachi
voted no by accident but i'll be getting it. I think this is one of the better maddens over the past few years.
This is defintely the best Madden thus far for next gen, and could be my most favorite Madden ever! I am having so much fun with this game, and the presentation and gameplay is jus amazing.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #23
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

I like the improvements that they made this year. Sure they couldn't get everything fixed (and I'd love an option to change what teams we control at all times, not just the offseason) but some of those lacking features are things we've known about ahead of time.

The non-improved in season trading and trading block is one example. The depth chart and roster limits that have stayed the same are another.

Until they can actually build a new game engine they can only do so much to fix the game. They have to make a game every year so that's why we can't always see the improvements many of us want.

The early release let me know that I'm going to like this game. I played a few friends and we haven't had as good a time playing Madden in years. The game (usually) just feels right.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #24
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
The result of this poll is likely to be extremely biased. Most of the people who've bought Season Ticket bought it because they wanted Madden 12 early (as it's the only game released with Season Ticket so far). So you have mainly people who liked the demo and was ready by pay $25 to get the game three days before everybody else. I don't believe many of the people who actually have Season Ticket have changed their mind as they were gonna get it anyway, but I do believe others have changed their mind as a consequence of hearing from the people with Season Ticket.

For me personally, I made up my mind when I tried the demo. I was strongly leaning towards not buying it, and the demo confirmed that I was making the right decision.

I have the season ticket and I can tell you this I wasn't impressed by the demo but i was fully aware it was a early build of the game. The final retail version blew the game play away compare to the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »